|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crabbe think Dirk's mother has cheeks like?
2. What does Strickland smoke in Crabbe's room?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A joint.
3. What does Strickland ask Crabbe when they meet on the street?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) What's on at the cinema.
(c) How Dirk is.
(d) Why he is looking so angry.
4. Where in Marseilles does Nichols claim he first met Strickland?
(a) An art museum.
(b) A friend's apartment.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A ship.
5. Who does Crabbe lie awake thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) Mrs. Strickland.
6. What is the destination of the ship Strickland finds a job on after his fight with Bill?
(a) New Zealand.
7. What does Crabbe say Dirk nursed Strickland like?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father.
(c) A grandmother.
(d) A lover.
8. What does Strickland invite Crabbe to see?
(a) His paintings.
(b) His garden.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His pets.
9. What does Crabbe do while Stroeve lies exhausted on his sofa?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Eats a banana.
10. What does Crabbe say he is beginning to get bored with?
(b) Strickland's genius.
(c) Dirk's company.
(d) Blanche's tragedy.
11. What does Strickland say is a weakness?
12. What does Stroeve try to use to destroy the painting?
(a) A scraper.
(b) A knife.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A fork.
13. Where does Strickland want to go when he hears he has leprosy?
(a) The forest.
(c) The mountains.
14. What does Crabbe say Strickland does not see as a hardship?
(a) Not being able to paint.
(c) Living as a beggar.
(d) Living as a singleman.
15. What kind of coffee does Crabbe's concierge bring him at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(b) Cafe au lait.
(d) Cafe latte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tiare Johnson love making dinners for?
2. What does the nurse say Blanche is too weak to use?
3. What did Brunot used to play with Strickland?
4. What does Crabbe think of Strickland's paintings?
5. What city does Strickland travel to after he shows Crabbe his paintings?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)