|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ata do to Strickland's painting after he is buried?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Makes it into a tourist attraction.
(c) Takes photographs.
(d) Burns it down.
2. What does Strickland say Dirk is good at?
3. What country did Abraham decide was perfect for him?
4. Why does Strickland say he can't go to Holland?
(a) He has been commissioned to paint a portrait.
(b) He is going to London.
(c) He has other fish to fry.
(d) He doesn't have the money.
5. What does Strickland suggest he and Crab do together?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Paint a house.
(c) Have a drink.
(d) Write a play.
6. Who does Crabbe lie awake thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(d) Mrs. Strickland.
7. What does Stroeve try to use to destroy the painting?
(a) A fork.
(b) A scraper.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A knife.
8. What does Crabbe think Dirk's father does in the evening?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Talks with his sons.
9. What word best describes Strickland's childhood?
10. What does Crabbe try to find on Tahiti?
(a) Strickland's biography.
(b) Strickland's wife.
(c) Strickland's paintings.
(d) Strickland's family connections.
11. What does the nurse say Blanche is too weak to use?
(a) A hairdryer.
(b) A knife and fork.
(c) A pen.
(d) A handkerchief.
12. What does Brunot plan to use his Strickland paintings for in the future?
(a) His ticket home.
(b) His son's education.
(c) His daughter's dowry.
(d) His pension.
13. What does Stroeve start doing twice a day?
(a) Visiting his wife.
(b) Visiting Strickland.
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Playing the piano.
14. What does Crabbe think Dirk's mother has cheeks like?
15. Why does Dirk refuse to do what Crabbe suggests he do?
(a) He has no money.
(b) His family don't like him.
(c) He wants to win Blanche back.
(d) Blanche may need him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Coutras know Strickland?
2. What disease does Strickland die from?
3. What does Crabbe think of Strickland's paintings?
4. What does Tough Bill give Strickland in this section?
5. What did Brunot used to play with Strickland?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)