|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Strickland's childhood?
2. What island does Crabbe travel to fifteen years later?
3. What does Strickland ask Crabbe when they meet on the street?
(a) What's on at the cinema.
(b) How Dirk is.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) Why he is looking so angry.
4. Where does Nichols say he met Strickland?
(c) On a ship.
5. Why does Crabbe think Blanche took satisfaction in destroying Dirk?
(a) He forced her to love him.
(b) He was alone.
(c) He saved her.
(d) He was pathetic.
6. What was the name of the old sailor Strickland and Nichols stayed with?
(a) Tough Bill.
(b) Macho Mike.
(c) Tall John.
(d) Big Bill.
7. What does Crabbe say the carriage driver dismisses the dead with?
(a) A shrug of his shoulders.
(b) A throaty laugh.
(c) A nod of his head.
(d) A big sigh.
8. What did Strickland mostly paint while in Tahiti?
(a) Images of Tahiti.
(b) Images of his childhood.
(d) Religious paintings.
9. What does Brunot say he has used to create his beauty?
(b) An island.
(d) A family.
10. What does Crabbe think Blanche took satisfaction in doing?
(a) Falling in love with Strickland.
(b) Swallowing poison.
(c) Uncovering Strickland's weakness.
(d) Destroying Dirk.
11. What is the last thing Strickland paints?
(a) The plantation.
(b) The walls of the hut.
(c) His wife and childen.
(d) The hut roof.
12. Why does Strickland say he can't go to Holland?
(a) He doesn't have the money.
(b) He is going to London.
(c) He has other fish to fry.
(d) He has been commissioned to paint a portrait.
13. What does Strickland say Dirk is good at?
14. What does Crabbe think of Strickland's paintings?
(a) Earthy and soulful.
(b) Sensationalist and exaggerated.
(c) Awkward and clumsy.
(d) Beautiful and sensual.
15. What does the nurse say Blanche is too weak to use?
(a) A knife and fork.
(b) A hairdryer.
(c) A pen.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Strickland travel to after he shows Crabbe his paintings?
2. Who does Tiare Johnson love making dinners for?
3. Why does Brunot think he and Strickland are alike?
4. What does Nichols think Tough Bill will do as soon as he is out of hospital?
5. Why can't Stroeve destroy the painting?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)