|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Strickland travel to after he shows Crabbe his paintings?
2. What does Crabbe think Blanche took satisfaction in doing?
(a) Destroying Dirk.
(b) Falling in love with Strickland.
(c) Uncovering Strickland's weakness.
(d) Swallowing poison.
3. What does Crabbe say Dirk nursed Strickland like?
(a) A grandmother.
(b) A lover.
(c) A father.
(d) A mother.
4. What is the name of the man Crabbe tells Tiare a story about?
5. What country does Dirk say is his only refuge?
6. Why does Strickland say he can't go to Holland?
(a) He has other fish to fry.
(b) He is going to London.
(c) He has been commissioned to paint a portrait.
(d) He doesn't have the money.
7. How does Dr. Coutras know Strickland?
(a) He played chess with him.
(b) He attended his death.
(c) He bought some of his paintings.
(d) He commissioned him for a potrait.
8. Why can't Stroeve destroy the painting?
(a) The canvas is too strong.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is Blanche.
(d) It is a work of art.
9. What is Abraham's job in Egypt?
10. What is Captain Nichol's job on Tahiti?
(a) A beachcomber.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
11. What does Ata do to Strickland's painting after he is buried?
(a) Makes it into a tourist attraction.
(b) Takes photographs.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Burns it down.
12. What does Strickland ask Crabbe when they meet on the street?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) Why he is looking so angry.
(c) How Dirk is.
(d) What's on at the cinema.
13. What did Strickland mostly paint while in Tahiti?
(a) Images of Tahiti.
(b) Images of his childhood.
(c) Religious paintings.
14. What does Strickland say Dirk is good at?
15. Where does Strickland want to go when he hears he has leprosy?
(a) The mountains.
(c) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Strickland painting does Dr. Coutras own?
2. What do the natives say they will do if Ata uses their streams?
3. Where does Crabbe think Nichols heard the story he tells about Strickland?
4. What does Crabbe think has no importance to Strickland?
5. How does Strickland react when Crabbe makes his observations about his relationship with Blanche?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)