|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Strickland have the gift of?
2. Where did the author travel to during the war?
3. What school does Mrs. Strickland's son, Robert, attend?
4. Where does Mrs. Stroeve say she used to work?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) A bookshop.
5. What does the author say nature has made Dirk into?
(a) A playboy.
(b) A genius.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) A stunner.
6. What does the plumber have on his left cheek?
(a) A mole.
(b) A scar.
(c) A boil.
(d) A birth mark.
7. What kind of smile does Stroeve say Strickland had in his eyes as he wrapped the parcel?
(a) An ironic smile.
(b) A warm smile.
(c) A happy smile.
(d) A callous smile.
8. What kind of people does Strickland think are unintelligent?
(d) The middleclass.
9. What city does Crabbe travel to in Chapter 11?
10. What did Strickland's fellow students at his painting classes think of his work?
(d) A joke.
11. In what part of London does Mrs. Strickland own a flat?
(b) South Kensington.
12. What railway station does the author live near?
(a) Victoria Station.
(b) Euston Station.
(c) Liverpool Station.
(d) King's Cross Station.
13. How does the author describe Charles Strickland's laugh in Chapter 6?
14. What does Strickland ask Dirk to get for him?
15. What word does the author use to describe Rose Waterford's intelligence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Amy told her children has happened to their father?
2. What city has Strickland run off to?
3. What does Crabbe say Mrs. Stroeve occupies herself like all day?
4. What is the painter's monument?
5. Where does Strickland say he could find what he wants?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)