|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Crabb in Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. Stroeve.
(d) Mrs. Strickland.
2. What word does the author use to describe Mrs. Strickland's face in Chapter 9?
3. What does Crabbe say he can't stomach about Stroeve?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His depressive episodes.
(c) His weakness.
(d) His buffoonery.
4. What does Strickland say he hasn't come to Paris for?
5. What is Dirk's religion?
6. What kind of beast does the Colonel call Strickland?
7. Where did Mrs. Strickland's father used to take the family in August?
8. In what part of London does Mrs. Strickland own a flat?
(d) South Kensington.
9. What is Strickland's hat in need of?
10. Who has Dirk's wife left him for?
11. Where is Mrs. Strickland taking her family on holiday?
12. What is Mrs. Strickland's first name?
13. Which queen did Sir Walter Raleigh set down his cloak for?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) The Virgin Queen.
14. Why does Mrs. Stroeve say she does not want Dirk to bring Strickland to the house?
(a) He is a rogue.
(b) He is has no manners.
(c) He is filthy.
(d) He frightens her.
15. What does Strickland say is the only thing he wants to paint?
(a) What he knows.
(b) What he sees.
(c) What he feels.
(d) What he loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crabbe say Mrs. Stroeve occupies herself like all day?
2. What school does Mrs. Strickland's son, Robert, attend?
3. Where does Strickland say he could find what he wants?
4. What does Crabbe say is the only way to measure merit?
5. What city has Strickland run off to?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)