|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a dinner party in Chapter 6?
(a) Rose Waterford.
(b) George Crabbe.
(c) John Claridge.
(d) Mrs. Strickland.
2. Why does Dirk say he wants to help Strickland?
(a) He is a friend.
(b) He is a genuis.
(c) He is a human.
(d) He is a family man.
3. What is Dirk's religion?
4. What does the author say the Stricklands owed?
5. What does Strickland drink in the restaurant?
6. What was Strickland employed as during the strike?
(a) A bricklayer.
(b) A house painter.
(c) A transcriber.
(d) A translator.
7. What city does Crabbe travel to in Chapter 11?
8. What park does the author cut across after leaving the Colonel?
(a) St. James Park.
(b) Kleist Park.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) Central Park.
9. What railway station does the author live near?
(a) King's Cross Station.
(b) Victoria Station.
(c) Euston Station.
(d) Liverpool Station.
10. What sport do they talk about at the party?
11. What is Mr. Strickland's job in London?
(a) A writer.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A painter.
(d) An accountant.
12. What game does Amy say Charles is great at?
13. What name does the Colonel call Strickland?
(b) Jack the lad.
14. What does the author say Strickland's clothes hang off him like?
(a) An adult's suit on a child.
(b) Rags on a dog.
(c) Rags on a scarecrow.
(d) Tissue on a skeleton.
15. Where does Mrs. Stroeve say she used to work?
(a) A library.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bookshop.
(d) An art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk make for Strickland to eat?
2. What school does Mrs. Strickland's son, Robert, attend?
3. What does the author say Strickland is not good at?
4. Where does Strickland say he could find what he wants?
5. What is the painter's monument?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)