|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of beast does the Colonel call Strickland?
2. What does the author say nature has made Dirk into?
(a) A genius.
(b) A playboy.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) A stunner.
3. What does Dirk pat Crabbe as if he is?
(a) A child.
(b) A cushion.
(c) A tree.
(d) A woman.
4. What city does Crabbe decide to live in five years later?
5. What does Mrs. Stroeve say she will do if Dirk brings Strickland to the house?
(a) Let him die.
(c) Nurse him.
(d) Call the police.
6. What does the author say was authentic about Charles Strickland?
(a) His greatness.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His sincerity.
7. What does the author say Dirk has a delicate feeling for?
8. How does Strickland address Dirk?
9. What is MacAndrew's rank in the army?
10. What is Mr. Strickland's job in London?
(a) A painter.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A writer.
(d) An accountant.
11. What does Strickland say he hasn't come to Paris for?
12. What does Stroeve say his wife can't live on?
13. What does Dirk do for a living?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A painter.
14. What does Stroeve draw on the blotting paper?
(a) A head.
(b) A dog.
(c) A paintbrush.
(d) A woman.
15. What does Strickland say he will do if Amy comes after him?
(a) Move country.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Pretend not to know her.
(d) Change his hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poems did George Crabbe write?
2. Where did the author meet Dirk?
3. What did Strickland's fellow students at his painting classes think of his work?
4. What railway station does the author live near?
5. In what part of London does Mrs. Strickland own a flat?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)