|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Strickland say he can't go to Holland?
(a) He has other fish to fry.
(b) He doesn't have the money.
(c) He is going to London.
(d) He has been commissioned to paint a portrait.
2. What city has Strickland run off to?
3. What is Dirk's religion?
4. What does Stroeve say is the matter?
(a) Strickland has died.
(b) His wife has left him.
(c) Strickland has destroyed his paintings.
(d) He has cancer.
5. Why can't Stroeve destroy the painting?
(a) It is Blanche.
(b) It is a work of art.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) The canvas is too strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Strickland invite the author to the dinner party?
2. Where does Dirk wait for Blanche?
3. What does Crabbe say the carriage driver dismisses the dead with?
4. What does the author say was authentic about Charles Strickland?
5. What does Strickland say he hasn't come to Paris for?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)