|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Strickland say he could find what he wants?
(a) On an island.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In heaven.
2. How did Blanche try to kill herself?
(a) She tried to hang herself.
(b) She took poison.
(c) She took sleeping pills.
(d) She slit her wrists.
3. What does Crabbe say the carriage driver dismisses the dead with?
(a) A nod of his head.
(b) A throaty laugh.
(c) A shrug of his shoulders.
(d) A big sigh.
4. Who has Dirk's wife left him for?
5. Why does Dirk refuse to do what Crabbe suggests he do?
(a) He has no money.
(b) His family don't like him.
(c) Blanche may need him.
(d) He wants to win Blanche back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poems did George Crabbe write?
2. What does Stroeve draw on the blotting paper?
3. What is Strickland playing in the cafe?
4. What does Crabbe say he is beginning to get bored with?
5. What island does Crabbe travel to fifteen years later?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)