1. What does the author say was authentic about Charles Strickland?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His greatness.
(c) His sincerity.
(d) His kindness.
2. Which queen did Sir Walter Raleigh set down his cloak for?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth I.
(d) The Virgin Queen.
3. What is the painter's monument?
(a) His brushes.
(b) His canvas.
(c) His work.
(d) His paints.
4. Where did the author travel to during the war?
5. What kind of poems did George Crabbe write?
(d) Moral stories.
6. What railway station does the author live near?
(a) Euston Station.
(b) Victoria Station.
(c) King's Cross Station.
(d) Liverpool Station.
7. What word does the author use to describe Rose Waterford's intelligence?
8. In what part of London does Mrs. Strickland own a flat?
(a) South Kensington.
9. What room does the author describe as severe?
(a) The sitting room.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The games roomm.
This section contains 3,278 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)