|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: “The Void,” Chapters 37-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What archeological colleague of Colonel Wheeler’s “happened to be serving as an artillery captain in a unit near Leptis Magna,” according to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 5?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel John Bryan Ward-Perkins.
(b) Second Lieutenant James J. Rorimer.
(c) Colonel George A. Taylor.
(d) Lieutenant George Stout.
2. Who was the “guide” that led George Stout and the others into Siegen, Germany on April 2, 1945?
(a) Monsieur George.
(b) Gauleiter Eigruber.
(c) Vicar Stephany.
(d) Lamont Moore.
3. On what date did Harry Ettlinger ship out to basic training?
(a) April 16, 1943.
(b) August 11, 1944.
(c) August 27, 1942.
(d) December 7, 1941.
4. The chronicle of Nazi Berlin titled I Am a Camera eventually became the basis for what musical?
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) Les Miserables.
5. The Madonna of La Gleize was moved to the cellar of whose house following the Battle of the Bulge?
(a) Monsieur George’s house.
(b) Sheldon Keck’s house.
(c) Rose Valland’s house.
(d) Albrecht Dürer’s house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Walker Hancock locate Weyres, Count Wolff-Metternich’s assistant, in March of 1945?
2. What is the date of the letter from Hitler directing Dr. Hans Posse on the construction of a museum in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
3. Albert Speer was what official party member number of the Nazi Party?
4. What is the title of Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 21?
5. When did Major Ronald Edmund Balfour arrive at the cathedral in Bruges to assess the damage by the looting Germans?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)