|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The view from La Gleize, Belgium, overlooks what forest?
(a) The Ardennes Forest.
(b) The Crooked Forest.
(c) North Sentinel Island Forest.
(d) The Trillemarka – Rollagsfjell Forest.
2. According to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 21, the official role of the ERR was to provide material for whose “scholarly” institutes?
(a) Emmerich Pöchmüller’s.
(b) Hermann Göring’s.
(c) Alfred Rosenberg’s.
(d) Gauleiter Eigruber’s.
3. To whom is the letter addressed in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 17 from George Stout on October 4, 1944?
(a) Johannes Vermeer.
(b) Captain Robert Posey.
(c) Rose Valland.
(d) Langdon Warner.
4. When did Major Ronald Edmund Balfour arrive at the cathedral in Bruges to assess the damage by the looting Germans?
(a) October 10, 1944.
(b) March 6, 1944.
(c) September 16, 1944.
(d) June 6, 1944.
5. When was the city of Karlsruhe, Germany, established?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the defeat of the German-Italian forces at the Second Battle of El Alamein take place?
2. What museum in Aachen had Captain Walter Hancock spent the past month at as he attempted to determine where the works of art had been moved, according to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 17?
3. What is the date of the letter from Hitler directing Dr. Hans Posse on the construction of a museum in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
4. Lieutenant Colonel Sir Robert Eric Mortimer Wheeler was director of what museum prior to the war?
5. When did Captain Walter Hancock arrive in Aachen, Germany, to assess the situation there, according to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 17?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)