|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Austrian city did Hitler intend to redevelop into his own version of Florence, according to the author in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
(a) Salzburg, Austria.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Linz, Austria.
(d) Altaussee, Austria.
2. What is the date of the letter from Supreme Commander General Dwight David Eisenhower to General Vernon Prichard which opens Part I: “The Mission”?
(a) April 16, 1943.
(b) June 26, 1939.
(c) August 27, 1942.
(d) December 20, 1941.
3. To whom did Rose Valland send a bottle of champagne when the Germans swept down on the Allied lines in the Ardennes, according to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 23?
(a) Lieutenant George Stout.
(b) Captain Robert Posey.
(c) Private First Class Lincoln Kirstein.
(d) Second Lieutenant James J. Rorimer.
4. Where was Rose Valland born?
(a) Bernterode, Germany.
(b) Asnières, France.
(c) Bad Godesberg, Germany.
(d) Saint-Étienne-de-Saint-Geoirs, France.
5. When did the Battle of Hürtgen Forest take place?
(a) August to September, 1943.
(b) September to December, 1944.
(c) January to February, 1944.
(d) March to May, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was March of what year when the Germans annexed Austria?
2. What does “MFAA” stand for?
3. During what years was Franklin D. Roosevelt in office as President of the U.S.?
4. Lieutenant Colonel Sir Robert Eric Mortimer Wheeler was director of what museum prior to the war?
5. Second Lieutenant James J. Rorimer was detained in Mont Saint-Michel by American soldiers because he was suspected to be what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)