|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: “The Mission,” Chapters 5 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 5, who held Egypt against the Nazis?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
2. Shrivenham is described in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 8 as a small rural village about halfway between London and what city?
3. Who was the associate director of Harvard's Fogg Art Museum that developed a presentation which examined the imminent danger of the loss or destruction of valuable art across Europe with the spread of Nazi power, according to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 3?
(a) Sheldon Keck.
(b) Lamont Moore.
(c) Paul Sachs.
(d) Rose Valland.
4. When did the defeat of the German-Italian forces at the Second Battle of El Alamein take place?
(a) January, 1943.
(b) October, 1944.
(c) October, 1942.
(d) November, 1944.
5. Where was George Stout from?
(a) Winterset, Iowa.
(b) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Monuments Men were still in their twenties, according to the author in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission”?
2. Around what year did Seligmann’s descendants choose the surname Ettlinger?
3. When did Allied forces bomb Monte Cassino, Italy and destroy the abbey there?
4. When did the first of the Monuments Men arrive in Monte Cassino to inspect the damage there?
5. Whom was Adolf Hitler visiting in Florence in May of 1938, according to the author in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)