|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: “The Aftermath,” Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Adolf Hitler’s personal assistant?
(a) Johannes Vermeer.
(b) Monsieur George.
(c) Gauleiter Eigruber.
(d) Martin Bormann.
2. On what date was Harry Ettlinger’s nineteenth birthday?
(a) August 27, 1942.
(b) September 7, 1944.
(c) January 28, 1945.
(d) July 17, 1944.
3. Who was friends with Private First Class Lincoln Kirstein and the Librarian of Congress in 1944?
(a) Langdon Warner.
(b) Christopher Isherwood.
(c) Lamont Moore.
(d) Archibald MacLeish.
4. How many paintings were discovered at the repository in the Altausee mine?
5. On what date did James Rorimer first arrive at the southern German town of Heilbronn?
(a) April 12, 1945.
(b) April 16, 1945.
(c) March 20, 1945.
(d) September 7, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Allied forces bomb Monte Cassino, Italy and destroy the abbey there?
2. Where was Ronald Balfour a historian prior to his service, according to the author in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 8?
3. Rose Valland became volunteer assistant curator at what museum in 1932?
4. Where was the last known office of the former Paris Kunstschutz leader Count Wolff-Metternich said to be in March of 1945?
5. When was the city of Munich founded?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)