|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: “The Aftermath,” Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did George Stout report for naval duty in January of 1943, according to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 6?
2. When was the Ghent Altarpiece completed?
3. When was the Dachau concentration camp opened?
4. Where was Ronald Balfour a historian prior to his service, according to the author in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 8?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The University of Minnesota.
(d) King’s College, Cambridge.
5. According to the author, in December of 1944, a devastating British air raid had killed how many civilians in Heilbronn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gallons of water were leaked into the Heilbronn mine every day from the Neckar River?
2. Who was friends with Private First Class Lincoln Kirstein and the Librarian of Congress in 1944?
3. Who was Martin Bormann’s secretary in the bunker with Hitler and thus privy to most communiqués in the Third Reich, according to the author in Part V: “The Aftermath,” Chapter 51?
4. The First Reich refers to what empire?
5. When did Walker Hancock arrive in La Gleize, Belgium, following the Battle of the Bulge?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)