|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: “The Aftermath,” Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stout and Hancock entered Cologne in March of 1945, Hancock assessed that there were less than how many citizens still left in the city?
2. According to the author in Chapter 11 of Part II: “Northern Europe,” the Hotel de Ville library which was destroyed contained the whose charter?
(a) Gauleiter Eigruber’s.
(b) The Margrave Karl Wilhelm von Baden-Durlach’s.
(c) William the Conqueror’s.
(d) Adolf Hitler’s.
3. What was the name of the Heilbronn mine’s vice director in April of 1945?
(a) Archibald MacLeish.
(b) Heinrich Hoffman.
(c) Dr. Ernst Kaltenbrunner.
(d) Dr. Hans Bauer.
4. When was Hitler’s Nero Decree issued?
(a) September 17, 1940.
(b) April 16, 1945.
(c) March 19, 1945.
(d) March 23, 1945.
5. During what years was Franklin D. Roosevelt in office as President of the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Dachau concentration camp opened?
2. Shrivenham is described in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 8 as a small rural village about halfway between London and what city?
3. What is the date of the letter from Hitler directing Dr. Hans Posse on the construction of a museum in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
4. The author states in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission” that the Monuments Men were a group of men and women from how many nations?
5. Around what year did Seligmann’s descendants choose the surname Ettlinger?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)