|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: “The Aftermath,” Chapters 51-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the letter from Hitler directing Dr. Hans Posse on the construction of a museum in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
(a) August 27, 1942.
(b) June 26, 1939.
(c) April 16, 1943.
(d) December 20, 1941.
2. Who is cited with the quotation describing the scientific breakthroughs he made with George Stout between 1927 and 1932 in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission”?
(a) Lamont Moore.
(b) Johannes Vermeer.
(c) Sheldon Keck.
(d) John Gettens.
3. What German city did the Allied troops take over on Hitler’s birthday on April 20, 1945?
4. On what date did the Monuments Men arrive at the Third Army base in Trier, Germany, to assess the damage there after the fighting ended?
(a) March 20, 1945.
(b) September 17, 1940.
(c) March 18, 1945.
(d) September 7, 1944.
5. Where did Harry Ettlinger attend basic training for the Army?
(a) Macon, Georgia.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Lexington, Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 5, who held Egypt against the Nazis?
2. The Hungarian crown jewels were discovered in an oil barrel sunk in marshland near what village in Bavaria?
3. Who is described in Part III: “Germany,” Chapter 26 as “a curator at the National Gallery who had helped evacuate its prized works to the Biltmore Estate in 1941”?
4. According to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 10, the 101st and 82nd Airborne divisions had parachuted how many men behind enemy lines at Utah Beach?
5. Who was the soldier that smashed the artwork in the home of a former Nazi official in March of 1945 because he was enraged at the Red Cross care packages found there?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)