|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapters 10-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the letter from Hitler directing Dr. Hans Posse on the construction of a museum in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 2?
(a) June 26, 1939.
(b) August 27, 1942.
(c) April 16, 1943.
(d) December 20, 1941.
2. When is the letter dated that is from James Rorimer to his wife Katherine in the opening of Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 10?
(a) March 6, 1944.
(b) June 6, 1944.
(c) February 15, 1944.
(d) May 27, 1944.
3. When did Major Ronald Edmund Balfour arrive at the cathedral in Bruges to assess the damage by the looting Germans?
(a) March 6, 1944.
(b) September 16, 1944.
(c) June 6, 1944.
(d) October 10, 1944.
4. Shrivenham is described in Part I: “The Mission,” Chapter 8 as a small rural village about halfway between London and what city?
5. When did the defeat of the German-Italian forces at the Second Battle of El Alamein take place?
(a) October, 1942.
(b) October, 1944.
(c) January, 1943.
(d) November, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lieutenant Colonel Sir Robert Eric Mortimer Wheeler was director of what museum prior to the war?
2. What was the name of George Stout’s wife?
3. What archeological colleague of Colonel Wheeler’s “happened to be serving as an artillery captain in a unit near Leptis Magna,” according to the author in Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 5?
4. Who was the director of the French National Museums that had the Louvre's works of art transported to the French countryside before Germany's invasion in 1940?
5. According to the author in Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 10, the 101st and 82nd Airborne divisions had parachuted how many men behind enemy lines at Utah Beach?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)