|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: “Germany,” Chapters 30-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert Speer was what official party member number of the Nazi Party?
2. Where was Albrecht Dürer born?
(a) Heilbronn, Germany.
(b) Nuremberg, Germany.
(c) Trier, Germany.
(d) Siegen, Germany.
3. On what date did the 29th Infantry Division begin an all-out assault on the German 352nd Division at Saint-Lô in a surprise attack?
(a) April 16, 1943.
(b) June 6, 1944.
(c) December 20, 1941.
(d) July 17, 1944.
4. When did Allied forces bomb Monte Cassino, Italy and destroy the abbey there?
(a) March 18, 1945.
(b) February 15, 1944.
(c) April 16, 1943.
(d) September 7, 1944.
5. Part I: "The Mission," Chapter 5 describes events in North Africa at what time?
(a) January, 1943.
(b) June, 1939.
(c) October, 1944.
(d) October, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first of the Monuments Men to visit the abbey at Monte Cassino to inspect the ruins?
2. Who was assigned by Stout to assist the newest U.S. Ninth Army Monuments officer, Walter “Hutch” Huchthausen, in December of 1944?
3. What name refers to vegetable, fruit and herb gardens planted at private residences and public parks in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Germany during World War I and World War II to reduce the pressure on the public food supply brought on by the war effort?
4. Who was friends with Private First Class Lincoln Kirstein and the Librarian of Congress in 1944?
5. The Madonna of La Gleize was moved to the cellar of whose house following the Battle of the Bulge?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)