|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: “The Void,” Chapters 44-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Reich Sword of Prince Albrecht forged?
2. When Hans Frank was apprehended by U.S. forces, he turned over how many volumes of his personal diaries to his captors?
3. What name refers to vegetable, fruit and herb gardens planted at private residences and public parks in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Germany during World War I and World War II to reduce the pressure on the public food supply brought on by the war effort?
(a) Victory gardens.
(b) Spanish gardens.
(c) Cultivar gardens.
(d) Peacetime gardens.
4. When is the letter dated that is from James Rorimer to his wife Katherine in the opening of Part II: “Northern Europe,” Chapter 10?
(a) March 6, 1944.
(b) June 6, 1944.
(c) May 27, 1944.
(d) February 15, 1944.
5. Who was assigned by Stout to assist the newest U.S. Ninth Army Monuments officer, Walter “Hutch” Huchthausen, in December of 1944?
(a) Jacques Jaujard.
(b) George A. Taylor.
(c) Lamont Moore.
(d) Sheldon Keck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary review had Private First Class Lincoln Kirstein founded while attending Harvard?
2. Who painted Landscape with the Good Samaritan?
3. Whose name was on the casket that was adorned with a wreath and red ribbons in the mine at Bernterode?
4. According to the author, Givet, Belgium was a replacement depot when Harry Ettlinger arrived there. What term did the men call this staging area for replacement troops?
5. On what date did the 29th Infantry Division begin an all-out assault on the German 352nd Division at Saint-Lô in a surprise attack?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)