Part I: “The Mission,” Chapters 1 - 4
1. What is the date of the letter from Supreme Commander General Dwight David Eisenhower to General Vernon Prichard which opens Part I: “The Mission”?
(a) June 26, 1939.
(b) August 27, 1942.
(c) December 20, 1941.
(d) April 16, 1943.
2. Who is cited with the quotation describing the scientific breakthroughs he made with George Stout between 1927 and 1932 in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission”?
(a) Sheldon Keck.
(b) Lamont Moore.
(c) Johannes Vermeer.
(d) John Gettens.
3. The author states in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission” that the Monuments Men were a group of men and women from how many nations?
4. What does “MFAA” stand for?
(a) Metropolitan Financial Account Activities.
(b) Monuments of the Fair Act Association.
(c) Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives.
(d) Monuments, Final Acts, and Associations.
5. How old was the oldest of the Monuments Men, according to the author in the introduction to Part I: “The Mission”?
This section contains 4,716 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)