|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elvis give his business card to _____________.
2. Elvis goes to __________to make and wait for a phone call.
3. Whom does Elvis rescue from the house where the Chevy Nova is registered?
4. What is the weather like when Pike goes out in the night to find the people watching Elvis's house?
5. Where does Elvis stop to steady himself after he escapes from the house where the Chevy Nova is registered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Poitras concerned about the case?
2. Who is O'Brannon?
3. What is the significance that Ellen finished fixing Elvis's omelet?
4. Why do Dom's men demand Ellen be put on the phone?
5. What happens between Elvis and Ellen personally?
6. Describe what Pike teaches Ellen how to do before the battle against Dom.
7. Why does Ellen tell Dom that Elvis has the drugs?
8. What does Elvis find at Rice's home after he visits Fein?
9. What happens in Fein's apartment?
10. Describe what happens when Elvis rescues Ellen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Pike's actions reflect more of a soldier's actions and not a detective's actions in "The Monkey's Raincoat."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze how Elvis is a protector and rescuer first and foremost in his work as a detective.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Elvis's and Pike's progression into Dom's office was like a maze, symbolizing layers of war.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)