|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pike own in addition to part of the detective agency?
2. Why are the people at the deli not pleased with Elvis?
3. Whose key card does Elvis take before leaving the secure apartment building?
4. Whom does Elvis call to ask for information on Dom while eating his sandwich from the deli?
5. Whom does Elvis call at the end of Chapter 19 before he leaves his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of scotch and alcohol to Elvis.
2. What does Pike tell Ellen about his past?
3. What do Pike and Elvis do to the two men they ambush in the woods?
4. Describe what happens when Elvis rescues Ellen.
5. Why is Poitras concerned about the case?
6. Why does Ellen tell Dom that Elvis has the drugs?
7. What happens to Pike at Dom's estate?
8. What is the significance that Ellen finished fixing Elvis's omelet?
9. What do Pike's tattoos represent?
10. Describe what Pike teaches Ellen how to do before the battle against Dom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Elvis and Joe Pike as soldiers and warriors. Who seems to be the superior fighter?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Elvis's and Pike's progression into Dom's office was like a maze, symbolizing layers of war.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how Ellen transforms and makes progress from her role as a dependent wife to her role as an independent woman.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)