|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen know nothing about when Elvis asks her about it?
2. What does Elvis stage in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
3. What does Elvis reject from the person whose office is above Elvis's?
4. What does Elvis find out about Mort's finances?
5. What does Janet insist Ellen do in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Elvis?
2. Who visits Elvis unexpectedly at his office?
3. Describe Elvis's relationship to his cat.
4. How does Elvis get his name?
5. What is significant about Elvis's phone call from Lou Poitras?
6. Discuss the importance of Ellen's sandwiches.
7. How is "The Monkey's Raincoat" a genre story?
8. What significance does Kansas have in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
9. Describe how Elvis becomes Ellen's teacher.
10. What does Dom accuse Elvis of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and discuss why it is essential for Ellen's character to have qualities that are submissive and subservient considering the overall conflict of "The Monkey's Raincoat."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance to Mort's character in that he died trying to save his son's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain how "The Money's Raincoat" is a genre novel and what classifies it as such.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)