|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
2. What does Elvis order from the deli?
3. What does Elvis ask Ellen for when he goes to her home after the break-in?
4. What does Elvis tell Janet about himself in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Elvis kick Manolo in the groin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of Ellen's sandwiches.
2. Who is Patricia Kyle?
3. What significance does Kansas have in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
4. Describe how Elvis becomes Ellen's teacher.
5. What does Dom accuse Elvis of?
6. Why does Ellen not want to talk to the police after her home's break-in?
7. Who is Rudy Gambino?
8. What is significant about Elvis's phone call from Lou Poitras?
9. How does Janet react to her and Elvis's intimacy afterward?
10. Why does Ellen feel uncomfortable going through her husband's records?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the motif of Elvis's thought process. Include how the moments to think about the case are always accompanied by food and what significance this has to Elvis's character.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze how Elvis's lust towards the punk girl in the gelato shop is clean in comparison to Rice's child pornography.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain why Elvis decorates his room in childhood memorabilia and what insight this information gives the reader about his character.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)