|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Elvis and Janet wait on Ellen?
2. What does Ellen refuse in Chapter 5?
3. Where does Janet take Ellen's daughters?
4. With whom has Dom allegedly been seen dealing?
5. Whom does Elvis call when he goes home in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellen go to Elvis for help?
2. Why does Ellen not want to talk to the police after her home's break-in?
3. What does Dom accuse Elvis of?
4. Why does Elvis not believe that Mort ransacked the Langs' home?
5. How does Elvis demonstrate being superior to the Hispanic watchmen?
6. What significance does Kansas have in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
7. Why does Ellen feel uncomfortable going through her husband's records?
8. Describe how Elvis becomes Ellen's teacher.
9. Describe the estate in Los Feliz Hills.
10. Describe Elvis's relationship to his cat.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and describe Elvis's relationship with women and what insight his interactions with them give the reader about his character.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss what significance the representation that the police are ineffective has in the text of "The Monkey's Raincoat."
Essay Topic 3
Explain and discuss why it is essential for Ellen's character to have qualities that are submissive and subservient considering the overall conflict of "The Monkey's Raincoat."
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)