|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elvis show Ellen how to do?
(a) Balance her checkbook.
(b) Write a check.
(c) Use the telephone.
(d) Use the stove.
2. Who is Patricia Kyle?
(a) A casting director and former client of Elvis's.
(b) Ellen's sister.
(c) Elvis's sister.
(d) Elvis's mistress.
3. What does Ellen refuse in Chapter 5?
(a) To talk to Mort.
(b) To talk to the police.
(c) To talk to her daughters.
(d) To talk to Elvis.
4. Who arrives at the Lang's house in Chapter 5?
(d) The police.
5. Elvis will work Ellen's case for ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
2. Whom does Elvis see in the house that Elvis follows the blond boy to?
3. What does Elvis criticize Janet for in Chapter 10?
4. What does Elvis reject from the person whose office is above Elvis's?
5. What is Kimberly Marsh's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elvis get his name?
2. Describe the break-in at Elvis's own home.
3. Who is Garrett?
4. Describe Elvis's relationship to his cat.
5. Who is Rudy Gambino?
6. What significance does Kansas have in "The Monkey's Raincoat"?
7. How is "The Monkey's Raincoat" a genre story?
8. Describe Janet.
9. Why does Elvis not believe that Mort ransacked the Langs' home?
10. How does Elvis demonstrate being superior to the Hispanic watchmen?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)