|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Janet first described?
2. What does Elvis find out about Mort's finances?
(a) He lives extravagantly.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He's really rich.
(d) He's teetering on bankruptcy.
3. Who arrives at the Lang's house in Chapter 5?
(c) The police.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Elvis tell the policemen about the situation at the Langs' house?
(a) It was a child fight.
(b) It was a domestic dispute.
(c) It was forced entry.
(d) It was a robbery.
5. What does Elvis order from the deli?
(a) A club sandwich.
(b) A ham and cheese sandwich.
(c) A corned beef sandwish with hot mustard.
(d) A salad.
6. Who is Patricia Kyle?
(a) Elvis's sister.
(b) Ellen's sister.
(c) A casting director and former client of Elvis's.
(d) Elvis's mistress.
7. Why is Elvis at Ellen's home in Chapter 7?
(a) To investigate.
(b) To look through Mort's things.
(c) To talk to Ellen.
(d) To comfort Ellen.
8. Why would Ellen have to file a vandalism report?
(a) To receive insurance.
(b) To prove in court.
(c) For evidence.
(d) She doesn't have to file one.
9. What does Ellen's younger daughter ask Elvis about?
(a) His job.
(b) His gun.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His hometown.
10. Elvis will work Ellen's case for ______________.
11. What is Ellen's older daughter's name?
12. What does Ellen's youngest daughter say she saw her dad did as he looked at his pictures from Kansas?
(a) He cried.
(b) He sang.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He smiled.
13. Who is Ellen Lang?
(a) Elvis's girlfriend.
(b) Elvis's sister.
(c) A woman who hires Elvis.
(d) Elvis's cousin.
14. What does Elvis ask Ellen for when he goes to her home after the break-in?
(a) A beer.
(b) A coke.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A sandwich.
15. How long do Janet and Elvis have before Ellen gets home from bringing her daughters from school?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Elvis tells Ellen that ______________was kidnapped.
2. What information does Elvis get from Pike about the Chevy Nova?
3. What does Ellen's youngest daughter show Elvis?
4. Janet says she used to be like ___________.
5. What does Elvis tell Janet about himself in Chapter 10?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)