|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ranger find inside the boxes of explosives?
2. Who has to set off the charges?
3. Who asks for Doc's help?
4. Who does Hayduke realize lied when he sees a man in the train cab?
5. What does Abbzug take from the guard?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 3
How did Abbey view the 1970s? What impact has his ideas had on environmental groups? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)