|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the masked man give to Hayduke?
2. Where does Hayduke come to after he is knocked out?
3. Who does Abbzug believe to be sexist?
4. What does Abbzug tell the ranger is Hayduke's name?
5. What are caltrops used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
2. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
3. What does Doc tell Smith and Abbzug at the airport?
4. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
5. How is Smith captured?
6. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
7. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
8. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
9. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
10. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)