Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke throw in Love's face?
2. What are the oil company commercials trying to convince the world?
3. Who does the ranger believe left the empty boxes of explosives?
4. What do robots insert up Smith's nose and anus?
5. What does Doc mutter about as he crawls into the back of his Jeep?
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)