|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke say the soldiers shot at at the Maze instead of him?
2. What does Hayduke hear while he cuts notches in power poles?
3. With what does Hayduke camouflage himself?
4. Who does Hayduke realize lied when he sees a man in the train cab?
5. What is the man who talks to Hayduke wearing on his face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
2. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
3. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
4. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
5. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
6. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
7. Summarize the novel.
8. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
9. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
10. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
Essay Topic 3
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)