|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts the guards of Hayduke's presence?
2. What does Abbzug tell the ranger is Hayduke's name?
3. Who does Hayduke realize lied when he sees a man in the train cab?
4. What does Hayduke say the soldiers shot at at the Maze instead of him?
5. What is Abbzug reading about in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
2. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
3. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
4. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
5. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
6. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
7. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
8. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
9. How is Smith captured?
10. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)