|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke shoot down while he lies in the crevice?
2. Who is Abbzug's backup?
3. With what does Hayduke camouflage himself?
4. What does Hayduke destroy on the way to the bridges?
5. Who wrote the essay about Abbey included in the summary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
2. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
3. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
4. What does Smith dream about in this section?
5. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
6. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
7. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
8. What does Doc tell Smith and Abbzug at the airport?
9. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
10. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)