|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are caltrops used for?
2. What is the name of Smith's third wife?
3. What does Hayduke shoot down while he lies in the crevice?
4. What part of the helicopter does Hayduke destroy?
5. Who does Hayduke claim to dislike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
2. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
3. How do Doc and Abbzug get out of trouble at the beginning of this section?
4. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
5. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
6. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
7. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
8. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
9. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
10. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)