|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Smith return to the following morning?
2. What do the group members hear approaching the houseboat as they play cards?
3. What is the masked man's mode of transport?
4. Who has captured Smith in his dream?
5. Who does Hayduke realize lied when he sees a man in the train cab?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
2. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
3. What does the newspaper say about the coal train?
4. How do Doc and Abbzug get out of trouble at the beginning of this section?
5. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
6. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
7. How is Smith captured?
8. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
9. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
10. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)