|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cap is Hayduke wearing?
2. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
3. Who does Smith return to the following morning?
4. What do Doc and Abbzug do while Hayduke and Smith mix the thermite?
5. Where does Abbzug say they retrieved the boxes of explosives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
2. What does Smith dream about in this section?
3. What does Doc tell Smith and Abbzug at the airport?
4. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
5. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
6. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
7. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
8. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
9. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
10. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)