|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Smith steal meat?
2. What does Doc see an ad for?
3. What are caltrops used for?
4. What are the oil company commercials trying to convince the world?
5. What character is having a heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
2. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
3. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
4. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
5. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
6. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
7. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
8. What does Smith dream about in this section?
9. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
10. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)