|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat does Doc want to buy?
2. Who do Smith and Doc discuss?
3. What part of the helicopter does Hayduke destroy?
4. Who wrote the review of the book included in the summary?
5. What is Doc's primary mode of transport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
2. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
3. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
4. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
5. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
6. What does the newspaper say about the coal train?
7. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
8. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
9. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
10. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)