|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cap is Hayduke wearing?
2. What kind of weapon does the group have with it as the helicopter pursues it?
3. What does Doc say has caused cancer in his patients?
4. What is the man who talks to Hayduke wearing on his face?
5. What does Hayduke hear while he cuts notches in power poles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
2. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
3. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
4. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
5. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
6. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
7. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
8. What does the newspaper say about the coal train?
9. How is Smith captured?
10. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)