|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Abbzug and Doc posted?
2. How does Hayduke say he escaped Bishop Love?
3. How does Hayduke destroy the bulldozer?
4. What are caltrops?
5. What circles the group as it runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
2. How is Smith captured?
3. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
4. How do Abbzug and Hayduke get together for the first time?
5. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
6. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
7. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
8. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
9. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
10. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)