|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc say is causing him to lose his mind?
2. What are the oil company commercials trying to convince the world?
3. Who is Abbzug's backup?
4. What stops Abbzug from setting off the explosive?
5. Who does Smith return to the following morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
2. What does Smith dream about in this section?
3. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
4. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
5. How do Abbzug and Hayduke get together for the first time?
6. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
7. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
8. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
9. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
10. How do Doc and Abbzug get out of trouble at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)