|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is having a heart attack?
2. What does the ranger find inside the boxes of explosives?
3. Who confronts Abbzug and Doc as they leave Navajo National Monument?
4. What is the masked man's mode of transport?
5. What color cap is Hayduke wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
2. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
3. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
4. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
5. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
6. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
7. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
8. What does Doc tell Smith and Abbzug at the airport?
9. How does Hayduke save Abbzug?
10. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)