|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke throw in Love's face?
2. What are the oil company commercials trying to convince the world?
3. Who does the ranger believe left the empty boxes of explosives?
4. What do robots insert up Smith's nose and anus?
5. What does Doc mutter about as he crawls into the back of his Jeep?
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)