|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc say is causing him to lose his mind?
2. Who asks for Doc's help?
3. With what does Hayduke camouflage himself?
4. What does the masked man give to Hayduke?
5. What do Doc and Abbzug do while Hayduke and Smith mix the thermite?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
2. Why does Hayduke think it is a good idea to destroy the bulldozers?
3. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
4. What does Smith dream about in this section?
5. How is Smith captured?
6. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
7. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
8. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
9. How do Doc and Abbzug get out of trouble at the beginning of this section?
10. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? How does he use the book to express his ideas about life and politics?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)