|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hayduke stop at a cafe?
2. Who confronts Abbzug and Doc as they leave Navajo National Monument?
3. What is the masked man's mode of transport?
4. Who does Smith return to the following morning?
5. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doc and Abbzug get out of trouble at the beginning of this section?
2. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
3. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
4. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
5. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
6. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
7. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
8. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
9. What does the newspaper say about the coal train?
10. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid-1975 society:
2. Vietnam veterans.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)