|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbzug take from the guard?
2. How does Hayduke destroy the bulldozer?
3. Why does Doc have to leave the group?
4. Who asks for Doc's help?
5. Where does Hayduke stop at a cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hayduke tell the group about his experiences in Vietnam?
2. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
3. How do the characters' lives change after the trial?
4. How is Smith captured?
5. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
6. What does the masked man say to Hayduke?
7. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
8. What does Smith dream about in this section?
9. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
10. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)