|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke hear while he cuts notches in power poles?
2. What does Hayduke realize has chased Abbzug?
3. What does Hayduke say his new job is?
4. What is the man who talks to Hayduke wearing on his face?
5. What is the masked man's mode of transport?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
2. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
3. How do Smith and Hayduke cope when they split from Abbzug and Doc?
4. How do Abbzug and Hayduke get together for the first time?
5. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
6. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
7. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
8. What does the newspaper say about the coal train?
9. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
10. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)