|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
2. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
3. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
4. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
5. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
2. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
3. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
4. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
5. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
6. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
7. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
8. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
9. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
10. How is the bridge destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)