|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sarvis and Abbzug stop to listen to?
2. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
3. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
4. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
5. What kind of animal does Seldom Seen offer to shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
2. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
3. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
4. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
5. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
6. What is the purpose of the introduction?
7. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
8. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
9. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
10. How is the bridge destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)