Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
2. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
5. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
4. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
5. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
7. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
8. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
9. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
10. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid-1975 society:
2. Vietnam veterans.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)