Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
2. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
5. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
4. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
5. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
7. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
8. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
9. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
10. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)