|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hayduke propose they put explosives?
2. What kind of car does Hayduke steal?
3. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
4. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
5. Who does Seldom Smith see searching for him among the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the bridge destroyed?
2. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
3. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
4. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
5. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
6. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
7. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
8. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
9. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
10. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)