|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event are several hundred people attending?
2. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
3. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
4. How did Doc Sarvis' wife die?
5. Where do Hayduke and Smith drive to to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
2. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
3. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
4. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
5. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
6. What does Chapter 8 say about Bishop Love's character?
7. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
8. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
9. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
10. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)