|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
2. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
5. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
4. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
5. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
7. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
8. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
9. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
10. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)