|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
2. What does Hayduke pull up as he walks to meet the others?
3. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
4. What kind of car does Hayduke steal?
5. Where does Doc Sarvis burn down billboards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
2. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
3. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
4. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
5. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
6. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
7. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
8. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
9. What does Chapter 8 say about Bishop Love's character?
10. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid-1975 society:
2. Vietnam veterans.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)