|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
2. What do all the men desire to destroy?
3. How does Bonnie Abbzug help Doc burn the billboards?
4. What kind of vehicle does Hayduke use to destroy other vehicles?
5. What lake does Seldom Seen drive past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
2. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
3. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
4. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
5. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
6. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
7. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
8. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
9. How is the bridge destroyed?
10. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid-1975 society:
2. Vietnam veterans.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)