|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Smith and Hayduke cut wire fences?
2. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
3. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
4. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
5. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
2. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
3. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
4. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
5. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
6. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
7. How do Hayduke and Smith want to destroy the dam?
8. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
9. How is the bridge destroyed?
10. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)