|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbzug think about as she meditates?
2. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
3. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
4. What does Abbzug think Doc sees her as?
5. How did Doc Sarvis' wife die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
2. How does Doc elude the driver that pursues him?
3. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
4. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
5. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
6. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
7. What is the purpose of the introduction?
8. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
9. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
10. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)