|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
2. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
3. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
4. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
5. Where does the group travel to after leaving the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
2. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
3. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
4. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
5. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
6. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
7. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
8. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
9. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
10. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)