|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
2. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
3. What kind of business does Seldom Seen own?
4. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
5. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
2. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
3. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
4. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
5. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
6. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
7. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
8. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
9. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
10. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 3
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)