|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
2. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
3. Who writes the introduction?
4. Who does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
5. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
2. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
3. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
4. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
5. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
6. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
7. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
8. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
9. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
10. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)