|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did a police officer once incorrectly arrest Hayduke?
2. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What university did Abbey attend?
5. Who does Seldom Smith see searching for him among the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
2. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
3. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
4. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
5. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
6. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
7. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
8. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
9. How do Hayduke and Smith want to destroy the dam?
10. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? How does he use the book to express his ideas about life and politics?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)