|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
2. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
3. What kind of vehicle does Hayduke use to destroy other vehicles?
4. Where does Hayduke propose they put explosives?
5. What do Hayduke and Smith use to pull up the geophones?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
2. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
5. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
6. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
7. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
8. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
9. How does the group blow up the train tracks?
10. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against industrialization? What are Abbey's opinions on industrialization and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Abbey?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)