|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
2. Where does Hayduke have to meet the remainder of the group?
3. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
4. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
5. What shoots off when the organizers cut the ribbon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
4. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
5. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
6. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
7. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
8. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
9. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
10. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Abbey's previous book and contrast it with THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)