Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
2. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
3. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
4. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
5. What does the group pour into fuel tanks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
2. How does Hayduke respond to Abbzug's declaration of love?
3. How do Abbzug and Hayduke get together for the first time?
4. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
5. What does McKibben think is the only reason Abbey is dangerous?
6. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
7. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
8. Why does Doc think Hayduke is trustworthy?
9. How does Doc show his love for Abbzug in Chapter 14?
10. In what way is Abbzug and Hayduke's relationship violent?
Examine the construction of Abbey's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Abbey's argument?
How did Abbey view the 1970s? What impact has his ideas had on environmental groups? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)