|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dam did Abbey say he wanted to see destroyed?
2. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
3. What does Seldom Seen suggest they set on fire?
4. What kind of vehicle does Hayduke use to destroy other vehicles?
5. Where does Seldom Seen live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hayduke and Smith want to destroy the dam?
2. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
3. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
4. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
5. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
6. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
7. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
8. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
9. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
10. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Abbey develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)