|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Sarvis like to burn down?
2. Who do some critics say THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG is a bible for?
3. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
4. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
5. What has the Sierra Club dubbed Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc tell Smith and Abbzug at the airport?
2. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
5. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
6. How does Hayduke get away from Bishop Love at the cafe?
7. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
8. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
9. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
10. What does Sam Love see through his field glasses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about mid-1975 society:
2. Vietnam veterans.
Essay Topic 2
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)