|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
2. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
3. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
4. What kind of train does Hayduke say they are dealing with?
5. What does Seldom Seen cook for his passengers and crew members?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
2. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
3. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
4. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
5. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
6. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
7. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
8. How do Hayduke and Smith want to destroy the dam?
9. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
10. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you have a friend who is considering joining a group known to use terrorist methods.
1. What problems can you identify in the group's policies and methods? How will your friend's life change if he joins the group?
2. How can you convince your friend not to join the group.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)