|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
2. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
3. Where does Seldom Seen live?
4. What are geophones used to scout?
5. What lake does Seldom Seen drive past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
2. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
3. How does this chapter show the differences between Smith and Hayduke?
4. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
5. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
6. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
7. What does Chapter 8 say about Bishop Love's character?
8. What is the purpose of the introduction?
9. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
10. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG was published in 1975. Choose one of the following options and discuss they have developed since the book's publication:
2. Environmental groups.
3. Public awareness.
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)