Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
2. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
5. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
4. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
5. What is the group's plan in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
7. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
8. How does Hayduke upset Abbzug?
9. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
10. How does Doc show his anger in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the characters in the book and discuss how he or she would cope in one of the following scenarios:
1. He or she is arrested.
2. He or she gets trapped just after they have laid an explosive.
3. He or she is cornered by a search and rescue team.
4. He or she appears on a TV show to discuss their political views.
Essay Topic 2
How did Abbey view the 1970s? What impact has his ideas had on environmental groups? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the main characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the person he or she is at the end.
1. What did the character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the character's ideas about life?
3. How has the character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)