|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
(a) The local officials.
(b) Each other.
(c) The govenment.
(d) The police.
2. Where does Doc Sarvis burn down billboards?
(a) Highway 54.
(b) Highway 22.
(c) Highway 96.
(d) Highway 66.
3. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An assistant.
4. What are the billboard posts made of?
5. What kind of train does Hayduke say they are dealing with?
(a) An electric train.
(b) An automated train.
(c) A commuter train.
(d) A steam train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
2. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
3. Who writes the introduction?
4. What university did Abbey attend?
5. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
2. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
3. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
4. How is the bridge destroyed?
5. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
6. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
7. How does this chapter show the differences between Smith and Hayduke?
8. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
9. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
10. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)