|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event are several hundred people attending?
(a) The opening of a supermarket.
(b) The opening of a dam.
(c) The opening of a new road.
(d) The opening of a new bridge.
2. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
(a) To scare people.
(b) To recruit people.
(c) To enlighten people.
(d) To criticize people.
3. Why has Hayduke stayed the night near the construction site?
(a) He can't afford a hotel room.
(b) To keep a lookout.
(c) To be near nature.
(d) To watch the destruction.
4. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
(a) A stick of dynamite.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A tape.
(d) A stone.
5. What does Abbzug think Doc sees her as?
(a) A little girl.
(b) Someone to keep him company.
(c) Someone who is willing to do the dirty work.
(d) Someone who sleeps with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did Abbey serve?
2. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
3. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
4. What does Hayduke pull up as he walks to meet the others?
5. What has the Sierra Club dubbed Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
2. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
3. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
4. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
5. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
6. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
7. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
8. What is the purpose of the introduction?
9. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
10. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)