|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
(a) A mining claim.
(b) A police raid.
(c) A hunt.
(d) A mountain expedition.
2. Where was Edward Abbey raised?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The Colorado Mountains.
(d) New York.
3. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
(a) Burns down bridges.
(d) Burns down billboards.
4. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
(a) He is the group leader.
(b) He is funding the project.
(c) He has the know how.
(d) He is her boyfriend.
5. What state does the bridge cross over into?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
2. Who does Abbzug think about as she meditates?
3. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
4. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
5. What kind of train does Hayduke say they are dealing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
2. Why does Doc say he is part of the group?
3. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
4. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
5. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
6. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
7. How is the bridge destroyed?
8. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
9. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
10. How did Edward Abbey become interested in the environment?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)