|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event are several hundred people attending?
(a) The opening of a supermarket.
(b) The opening of a new road.
(c) The opening of a dam.
(d) The opening of a new bridge.
2. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
(a) A stick of dynamite.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A stone.
(d) A tape.
4. For what did a police officer once incorrectly arrest Hayduke?
(b) Indecent Exposure.
(d) Racial hatred.
5. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
(a) Matka Canyon.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) The Glen Canyon.
(d) Nine Mile Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
2. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
3. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
4. How is the bridge destroyed?
5. Where does Hayduke write a warning note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
2. What does the group destroy on the construction site?
3. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
4. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
5. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
6. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
7. Why does Smith not want to set light to the vehicles?
8. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
9. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
10. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)