|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
(b) Seldom Seen.
(c) Bishop Love.
2. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) A saw.
(b) Wire cutters.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Bolt cutters.
3. What do all the men desire to destroy?
(a) A police station.
(b) A dam.
(c) A guard house.
(d) A bridge.
4. What has the Sierra Club dubbed Abbey?
(a) The millitant environmentalist.
(b) The desert anarchist.
(c) Mr. Enviroment.
(d) The Dubster.
5. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
(a) To recruit people.
(b) To criticize people.
(c) To scare people.
(d) To enlighten people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are geophones used to scout?
2. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
3. Who does Seldom Smith see searching for him among the men?
4. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
5. Who does Seldom Seen see through his field glasses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the guard tell Smith to move on from the bridge?
2. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
3. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
4. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
5. How does this chapter show the differences between Smith and Hayduke?
6. What is the purpose of the introduction?
7. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
8. How does Chapter 9 express Hayduke's darker side?
9. How is the bridge destroyed?
10. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)