|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Sarvis like to burn down?
(b) Police stations.
2. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
(a) Talk to women.
(b) Start a fight.
(c) Recruit demonstrators.
(d) Get very drunk.
3. Where was Edward Abbey raised?
(a) The Colorado Mountains.
(b) New York.
(c) The Appalachian Mountains.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What does Seldom Seen cook for his passengers and crew members?
(b) Biscuits and gravy.
5. Who usually arrives 15 minutes after Sarvis has burned down the billboards?
(a) The police.
(b) The advertisers
(c) The billboard owners.
(d) The highway commissioners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Bonnie own?
2. What did Abbey major in at university?
3. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
4. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
5. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 8 say about Bishop Love's character?
2. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
3. How does this chapter show the differences between Smith and Hayduke?
4. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
5. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
6. Why is the Colorado River no longer the raging force it once was?
7. Why did the FBI investigate Abbey?
8. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
9. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
10. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)