|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A dog.
2. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
(a) He is her boyfriend.
(b) He is the group leader.
(c) He has the know how.
(d) He is funding the project.
3. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
4. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Eco-Warriors.
(c) Salvation Army.
(d) Search and rescue.
5. What kind of car does Hayduke steal?
(a) A patrol car.
(b) A delivery truck.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A tank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
2. Why does a guard stop Seldom Seen from praying?
3. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
4. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
5. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
2. What is Abbzug and Doc's relationship?
3. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
4. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
5. What are Abbzug's views on Hayduke and Smith?
6. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
7. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
8. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
9. How do Hayduke and Smith want to destroy the dam?
10. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)