|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group travel to after leaving the restaurant?
(a) An oil company.
(b) A construction site.
(c) A steel company.
(d) A coal company.
2. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
(b) People power.
3. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His sister.
4. Where do Hayduke and Smith drive to to sleep?
(a) Lincoln Hill.
(b) Henry Mountains.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Abraham Mountains.
5. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
(a) A mountain expedition.
(b) A hunt.
(c) A mining claim.
(d) A police raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
2. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
3. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
4. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
5. Why has Hayduke stayed the night near the construction site?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbzug question Doc's activities?
2. How does Hayduke try to stop the Search and Rescue team with boulders?
3. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
4. How does Doc's car express his beliefs?
5. Why does Hayduke become passionate about environmental issues?
6. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
7. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
8. What does Chapter 8 say about Bishop Love's character?
9. What does Smith tell the group about Bishop Love?
10. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)