|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hayduke want the explosives to go off?
(a) The canteen.
(b) The coal mines.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The loading towers.
2. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
3. What shoots off when the organizers cut the ribbon?
(b) Machine guns.
4. What university did Abbey attend?
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
5. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
(a) He howls.
(b) He hoots his horn.
(c) He whistles.
(d) He fires a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Doc Sarvis named his task of burning billboards?
2. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
3. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
4. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
5. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
2. How does Abbey express his likes and dislikes in the prologue?
3. How does this chapter show the differences between Smith and Hayduke?
4. What does Chapter 7 say about Hayduke's character?
5. How do Doc and Abbzug get away with buying firearms?
6. How did Hayduke get his revenge on a police officer?
7. Who is Joseph Fielding Smith?
8. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
9. What do the men discuss when the women go to bed?
10. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)