|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event are several hundred people attending?
(a) The opening of a new road.
(b) The opening of a supermarket.
(c) The opening of a new bridge.
(d) The opening of a dam.
2. What are the billboard posts made of?
3. What part of New York is Abbzug from?
(d) The Bronx.
4. What do the men stay up to discuss?
(a) Their love of the environment.
(b) Their love of baseball.
(c) Their hatred of industry.
(d) Their hatred of the government.
5. Why do Smith and Hayduke cut wire fences?
(a) To warn the construction workers.
(b) To make an escape route.
(c) To allow the cattle to roam freely.
(d) To delay construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
2. Who does Seldom Seen see through his field glasses?
3. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
4. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
5. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bonnie Abbzug's character.
2. How does Hayduke show his fighting spirit at the beginning of the final section?
3. What do Doc and Abbzug argue about in the bar?
4. How does Hayduke escape Bishop Love at the plateau?
5. What does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
6. How is Hayduke a different person when he smokes marijuana?
7. What is the purpose of the introduction?
8. Why does Hayduke give into Doc's idea that they should not use violence?
9. What do the the Governor of Utah and two officers of the Department of Public Safety discuss as they walk back to their vehicles?
10. What were Abbey's links to environmental groups?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)