|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayduke hear while he cuts notches in power poles?
(a) A train.
(b) A tank.
(c) A bull dozer.
(d) A helicopter.
2. What color cap is Hayduke wearing?
3. Who has to set off the charges?
4. What do the group members hear approaching the houseboat as they play cards?
(a) A car.
(c) A train.
5. Who does Hayduke realize lied when he sees a man in the train cab?
(a) The press.
(b) The TV.
(c) The construction company.
(d) The police.
6. Where does Doc go after surgery?
(b) A bar.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Who wrote the essay about Abbey included in the summary?
(a) Jim Harrison.
(b) Bill McKibben.
(c) Peter Jackson.
(d) Edward Abbey.
8. Where does Abbzug say they retrieved the boxes of explosives?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A railway station.
(c) A campfire.
(d) The coal company.
9. What are caltrops?
(b) A liquid that can temporary blind people.
(c) Balls of spikes.
(d) A natural gas cars can run on.
10. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
(a) A millitant writer.
(b) A anarchist writer.
(c) A nature writer.
(d) An anti-capitalist writer.
11. Who do Smith and Doc discuss?
(a) Bishop Love.
12. Who does the masked man say he has tied up?
(c) The ranger.
(d) The watchman.
13. What alerts the guards of Hayduke's presence?
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
14. Who does the ranger believe left the empty boxes of explosives?
(d) Construction workers.
15. What is Abbzug angry at the loss of when they reach the forest?
(b) Food supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc say has made Hayduke angry?
2. Who does Hayduke claim to dislike?
3. What bridge does the group decide to blow up first?
4. What does Hayduke find at the top of the plateau?
5. What is Doc's primary mode of transport?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)