|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to set off the charges?
2. What does Hayduke find at the top of the plateau?
(a) A cliff.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A canyon.
(d) Dead animals.
3. What does Hayduke shoot down while he lies in the crevice?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) An airplane.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A vulture.
4. Where are Smith, Abbzug and Doc put into jail?
(a) San Juan County.
(b) Jefferson County.
(c) Mexico City.
5. What does Doc mutter about as he crawls into the back of his Jeep?
6. What does the ranger find inside the boxes of explosives?
(a) Video tapes.
(d) Stored goods.
7. What do the group members hear approaching the houseboat as they play cards?
(b) A train.
(d) A car.
8. Where does Doc go after surgery?
(b) A bar.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A restaurant.
9. What is the name of Smith's third wife?
10. Who asks for Doc's help?
(a) A ranger.
(b) Sam Love.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Bishop Love.
11. Where did Hayduke stay for six months until his parents managed to free him?
(a) Death row.
(b) A state prison.
(c) An army psychiatric ward.
(d) A POW camp.
12. What kind of car does Love drive?
(a) A Blazer.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A Cadillac.
13. What does Hayduke say his new job is?
(a) Life guard.
(b) Night watchman.
(c) Gas attendant.
14. What does the group do to pass the time?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Plays cards.
(c) Watches films.
(d) Plays I Spy.
15. What kind of weapon does the group have with it as the helicopter pursues it?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A bazooka.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A rocket launcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has captured Smith in his dream?
2. Who asks for Doc's help in the epilogue?
3. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
4. What does Hayduke throw in Love's face?
5. Who does the ranger believe left the empty boxes of explosives?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)