|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the masked man say he has tied up?
(a) The watchman.
(b) The ranger.
2. What does Doc say has made Hayduke angry?
(a) His experiences.
(b) The government.
(c) His family life.
(d) The coal mines.
3. From whom does Smith steal meat?
(b) Search and rescue.
4. Who does Hayduke meet in the cafe?
(b) The masked man.
(d) Bishop Love.
5. What does Doc see an ad for?
(a) A carnival.
(b) A car show.
(c) A circus.
(d) A boat show.
6. Where are Abbzug and Doc posted?
(a) At the bottom of the tower.
(b) Above the bridge.
(c) Below the bridge.
(d) On the bridge.
7. Who do Smith and Doc discuss?
(b) Bishop Love.
8. What is Abbzug angry at the loss of when they reach the forest?
(a) Food supplies.
9. Where do Hayduke and Smith place the charges?
(a) Under the railroad.
(b) Under the tower.
(c) On the conveyor belts.
(d) On the bridge.
10. What bridge does the group decide to blow up first?
(a) The Diamond Canyon Bridge.
(b) The Orange Canyon Bridge.
(c) The Hermetic Canyon Bridge.
(d) The White Canyon Bridge.
11. With what does Hayduke camouflage himself?
12. Why does Hayduke try to start a fight at the bar?
(a) Someone insults Abbzug.
(b) Somone smokes to near him.
(c) Someone insults Vietnam soldiers.
(d) Someone insults Smith.
13. Who do Abbzug and Doc have to warn about the bridges?
(a) Construction workers.
(c) The local authorities.
(d) The Native Americans.
14. Who asks for Doc's help in the epilogue?
(a) Sam Love.
(c) Bishop Love.
15. What does Abbzug tell the ranger is Hayduke's name?
(a) Peter Jones.
(b) Dean Rover.
(c) Frank Davis.
(d) Joe Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
2. What part of the helicopter does Hayduke destroy?
3. Who wrote the essay about Abbey included in the summary?
4. Who has captured Smith in his dream?
5. What does Hayduke find at the top of the plateau?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)