|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Love drive?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Blazer.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A station wagon.
2. Where does Hayduke stop at a cafe?
(a) Jefferson County.
(b) Mexican Hat.
(c) Lincoln County.
(d) Utah Pants.
3. Where does Doc go after surgery?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A bar.
(c) A restaurant.
4. Who do the rangers say they have caught?
(a) Bertie Bassett.
(b) Jack Frost.
(c) Harry Halloween.
(d) Ruldolf the Red.
5. What does Hayduke find at the top of the plateau?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) Dead animals.
(d) A cliff.
6. How does Hayduke say he escaped Bishop Love?
(a) He hid in a cave.
(b) He winched himself down the cliff.
(c) His climbed down the cliff.
(d) He dug a hole and hid.
7. What does the masked man give to Hayduke?
(b) A gun.
(d) A mask.
8. What does Hayduke shoot at?
(a) A tank.
(b) A billboard.
(c) A cow.
(d) A spotlight.
9. What circles the group as it runs away?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
10. Who do Abbzug and Doc have to warn about the bridges?
(b) The Native Americans.
(c) Construction workers.
(d) The local authorities.
11. What are the oil company commercials trying to convince the world?
(a) They are safe.
(b) They are good for the environment.
(c) They are proving jobs.
(d) They are economically viable.
12. What do Hayduke and Abbzug investigate at the Grand Canyon?
(a) Bridge building.
(b) Coal mines.
(c) Logging operations.
(d) Geo systems.
13. Why does Hayduke try to start a fight at the bar?
(a) Somone smokes to near him.
(b) Someone insults Vietnam soldiers.
(c) Someone insults Abbzug.
(d) Someone insults Smith.
14. Who confronts Abbzug and Doc as they leave Navajo National Monument?
(a) A ranger.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A local official.
15. Why does Hayduke want to kill the pilot?
(a) He thinks he is evil.
(b) He thinks he has touched Abbzug.
(c) He thinks he is anti-environment.
(d) He thinks he is a mass murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts the guards of Hayduke's presence?
2. What kind of writer does McKibben characterize Abbey as?
3. Who does Smith return to the following morning?
4. What kind of drug do Abbzug and Hayduke take in the evening?
5. What is the man who talks to Hayduke wearing on his face?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)