|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of New York is Abbzug from?
(a) The Bronx.
2. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
(c) Seldom Seen.
(d) Bishop Love.
3. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
(a) A truck.
(b) A houseboat.
(c) A cruiser.
(d) A ferry.
4. What kind of animal does Seldom Seen offer to shoot?
5. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
6. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(a) Dr. Boss.
7. Where does Seldom Seen live?
8. How is the bridge destroyed?
(a) It is burned down.
(b) It is cut down.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is shot down.
9. What does Seldom Seen pray for God to start?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A rainstorm.
10. What does Hayduke throw onto the ground?
(a) Cigarette packets.
(b) Beer cans.
11. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
(a) Talk to him rudely.
(b) Drive too fast.
(c) Wake him up from a nightmare.
(d) Stare at him.
12. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
13. How does Bonnie Abbzug help Doc burn the billboards?
(a) She disguises him.
(b) She drives him there.
(c) She provides the fire.
(d) She distracts the police.
14. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Missouri River.
15. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
(b) Local officilas.
(c) The police.
(d) Construction workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
2. Who does Seldom Seen see through his field glasses?
3. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
4. What do the men stay up to discuss?
5. What did Abbey major in at university?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)