|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen pray for God to start?
(a) A rainstorm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A hurricane.
2. What does Abbzug think Doc sees her as?
(a) Someone who sleeps with him.
(b) Someone to keep him company.
(c) A little girl.
(d) Someone who is willing to do the dirty work.
3. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Missouri River.
(d) Colorado River.
4. Who writes the introduction?
(a) Henry Green.
(b) Douglas Brinkley.
(c) Thmas Cooke.
(d) Edward Abbey.
5. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A saw.
(c) Bolt cutters.
(d) Wire cutters.
6. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
(c) People power.
7. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
(a) The Glen Canyon.
(b) Nine Mile Canyon.
(c) Matka Canyon.
(d) The Grand Canyon.
8. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
(a) The Washington River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Ohio River.
9. What state does the bridge cross over into?
(b) New York.
10. Where does the group drop off Doc Sarvis and Abbzug?
(b) A Waffle House.
(c) The airport.
(d) The train station.
11. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(a) Dr. Boss.
12. In what war did Abbey serve?
(d) World War II.
13. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
(a) The local officials.
(b) Each other.
(c) The police.
(d) The govenment.
14. What does the group pour into fuel tanks?
(a) Pancake mix and tomato juice.
(b) Karo syrup and sand.
(c) Water and gunpowder.
(d) Porridge and soil.
15. What dam did Abbey say he wanted to see destroyed?
(a) The Colorado Dean Dam.
(b) The Regal River Dam.
(c) The Amnesty Dam.
(d) The Glen Canyon Dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did a police officer once incorrectly arrest Hayduke?
2. What does Hayduke suggest he can use a steel bar to move?
3. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
4. What are geophones used to scout?
5. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)