|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Abbzug and Doc stop before Doc has to return to the hospital?
(a) A bar.
(b) A construction site.
(c) A motel.
(d) A restaurant.
2. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
3. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
(a) Each other.
(b) The local officials.
(c) The police.
(d) The govenment.
4. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
(a) Missouri River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Ohio River.
5. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
6. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
(a) A houseboat.
(b) A truck.
(c) A cruiser.
(d) A ferry.
7. What do the men stay up to discuss?
(a) Their hatred of the government.
(b) Their love of the environment.
(c) Their love of baseball.
(d) Their hatred of industry.
8. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
(a) A hunt.
(b) A police raid.
(c) A mining claim.
(d) A mountain expedition.
9. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) Wire cutters.
(b) Bolt cutters.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A saw.
10. What part of New York is Abbzug from?
(b) The Bronx.
11. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A secretary.
(d) An assistant.
12. In what war did Abbey serve?
(d) World War II.
13. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(c) Dr. Boss.
14. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Washington River.
15. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
(a) A clifftop.
(b) A highway.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A railway track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sarvis and Abbzug stop to listen to?
2. What shoots off when the organizers cut the ribbon?
3. Where do Hayduke and Smith drive to to sleep?
4. What are the billboard posts made of?
5. What kind of car does Hayduke steal?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)