|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shoots off when the organizers cut the ribbon?
(b) Machine guns.
2. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
(a) A highway.
(b) A railway track.
(c) A clifftop.
(d) A canyon.
3. What does Abbzug think Doc sees her as?
(a) Someone who is willing to do the dirty work.
(b) Someone to keep him company.
(c) A little girl.
(d) Someone who sleeps with him.
4. Where do Hayduke and Smith drive to to sleep?
(a) Abraham Mountains.
(b) Lincoln Hill.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Henry Mountains.
5. Who does Abbzug think about as she meditates?
(b) Seldom Smith.
(c) Bishop Love.
(d) Doc Sarvis.
6. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(c) Dr. Boss.
7. What do Hayduke and Smith use to pull up the geophones?
(a) Steel rods.
8. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A truck.
(d) A motorbike.
9. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
(a) A tank.
(d) Bolt cutters.
10. What does the group decide to set a mine on?
(a) A construction site.
(b) A converyor belt.
(c) A loading tower.
(d) A bridge.
11. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) Doc Sarvis.
(c) Seldom Seen.
12. How did Doc Sarvis' wife die?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) In a train crash.
(c) Ina terrorist attack.
(d) In a plane crash.
13. What are geophones used to scout?
(b) Shallow lakes.
(c) Land for development.
(d) Good weather for construction work.
14. What part of New York is Abbzug from?
(d) The Bronx.
15. What dam did Abbey say he wanted to see destroyed?
(a) The Amnesty Dam.
(b) The Regal River Dam.
(c) The Colorado Dean Dam.
(d) The Glen Canyon Dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
2. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
3. Who does Hayduke say they should be worried about?
4. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
5. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)