|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Seldom Seen own?
(a) A window business.
(b) A construction business.
(c) A cab business.
(d) A river trip business.
2. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A clifftop.
(c) A railway track.
(d) A highway.
3. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
(a) He grabs the steering wheel.
(b) He screams.
(c) He hits Smith.
(d) He grabs his gun.
4. What does Abbzug think Doc sees her as?
(a) Someone who is willing to do the dirty work.
(b) Someone who sleeps with him.
(c) A little girl.
(d) Someone to keep him company.
5. What does Doc's bumber sticker state?
(a) God Bless America. Let's save some of it.
(b) Open your eyes to the world.
(c) I am a Eco-Warrior and this is my Eco-tank.
(d) Keep away.
6. What kind of car does Hayduke steal?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) A tank.
(c) A delivery truck.
(d) A patrol car.
7. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
(a) Postes and water bottles.
(b) Books and pamphlets.
(c) Food and field equipment.
(d) Bombs and firearms.
8. From what country has Hayduke just returned?
9. Who does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
(a) Doc Sarvis.
(b) A group of policemen.
(d) The construction workers.
10. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(b) The Glen Canyon.
(c) Nine Mile Canyon.
(d) Matka Canyon.
11. What do Sarvis and Abbzug stop to listen to?
(a) The birds.
(b) A song.
(c) A river.
(d) A lake.
12. How did Doc Sarvis' wife die?
(a) In a plane crash.
(b) In a car crash.
(c) In a train crash.
(d) Ina terrorist attack.
13. What did Abbey major in at university?
14. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
(a) Wake him up from a nightmare.
(b) Talk to him rudely.
(c) Stare at him.
(d) Drive too fast.
15. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
2. What are the billboard posts made of?
3. What do Hayduke and Seldom Seen set fire to at Burr Pass?
4. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
5. Where was Edward Abbey raised?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)