|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen cook for his passengers and crew members?
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
2. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
(a) Postes and water bottles.
(b) Food and field equipment.
(c) Books and pamphlets.
(d) Bombs and firearms.
3. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
(b) People power.
4. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
(a) It would be arson.
(b) They would be on the run.
(c) It would attract too much attention.
(d) People could die.
5. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
6. What do all the men desire to destroy?
(a) A guard house.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A dam.
(d) A police station.
7. What does Hayduke pull up as he walks to meet the others?
(b) Tent pegs.
(c) Surveyor stakes.
(d) Flag poles.
8. Where was Edward Abbey raised?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The Colorado Mountains.
(d) New York.
9. What does Seldom Seen suggest they set on fire?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A car.
(c) A vine covered fence.
(d) A wooden fence.
10. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A station wagon.
(c) A truck.
(d) A Jeep.
11. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
(a) A canyon.
(b) A clifftop.
(c) A highway.
(d) A railway track.
12. What are the billboard posts made of?
13. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
(a) To criticize people.
(b) To recruit people.
(c) To scare people.
(d) To enlighten people.
14. What kind of train does Hayduke say they are dealing with?
(a) A commuter train.
(b) A steam train.
(c) An electric train.
(d) An automated train.
15. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
(a) Talk to him rudely.
(b) Wake him up from a nightmare.
(c) Drive too fast.
(d) Stare at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
2. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
3. What do Hayduke and Seldom Seen set fire to at Burr Pass?
4. Where does Hayduke write a warning note?
5. What does Hayduke throw onto the ground?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)