|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
(a) A truck.
(b) A station wagon.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A Jeep.
2. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
(a) A railway track.
(b) A clifftop.
(c) A highway.
(d) A canyon.
3. How did Doc Sarvis' wife die?
(a) In a train crash.
(b) Ina terrorist attack.
(c) In a car crash.
(d) In a plane crash.
4. For what did a police officer once incorrectly arrest Hayduke?
(b) Racial hatred.
(d) Indecent Exposure.
5. What event are several hundred people attending?
(a) The opening of a new bridge.
(b) The opening of a supermarket.
(c) The opening of a dam.
(d) The opening of a new road.
6. Where does Seldom Seen live?
7. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
(c) Housing developments.
8. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
(a) He howls.
(b) He hoots his horn.
(c) He whistles.
(d) He fires a gun.
9. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
(a) The Washington River.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) The Ohio River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
10. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(b) Dr. Boss.
11. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
(a) Recording equipment.
(b) Armored vehicles.
(c) Guns and dynamite.
12. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
13. What lake does Seldom Seen drive past?
(a) Lake Lincoln.
(b) Lake Powell.
(c) Lake Jefferson.
(d) Lake Reagan.
14. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An assistant.
15. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
(a) A tank.
(d) Bolt cutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the billboard posts made of?
2. Where do Hayduke and Smith drive to to sleep?
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
4. What does Seldom Seen suggest they set on fire?
5. What university did Abbey attend?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)