|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
(a) Recording equipment.
(b) Armored vehicles.
(d) Guns and dynamite.
2. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
(a) Burns down billboards.
(c) Burns down bridges.
3. How is the bridge destroyed?
(a) It is cut down.
(b) It is shot down.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It explodes.
4. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
5. Of what group is Bishop Love a member?
(a) The Eco-Warriors.
(b) Salvation Army.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Search and rescue.
6. What does the group pour into fuel tanks?
(a) Karo syrup and sand.
(b) Pancake mix and tomato juice.
(c) Water and gunpowder.
(d) Porridge and soil.
7. What do Sarvis and Abbzug stop to listen to?
(a) A song.
(b) A river.
(c) A lake.
(d) The birds.
8. What does the group decide to set a mine on?
(a) A construction site.
(b) A loading tower.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A converyor belt.
9. Who usually arrives 15 minutes after Sarvis has burned down the billboards?
(a) The highway commissioners.
(b) The billboard owners.
(c) The advertisers
(d) The police.
10. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
(a) Local officilas.
(b) Construction workers.
(c) The police.
11. What does Seldom Seen cook for his passengers and crew members?
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
12. What do the men stay up to discuss?
(a) Their love of the environment.
(b) Their love of baseball.
(c) Their hatred of industry.
(d) Their hatred of the government.
13. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) Wire cutters.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A saw.
(d) Bolt cutters.
14. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
(a) He howls.
(b) He hoots his horn.
(c) He whistles.
(d) He fires a gun.
15. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An assistant.
(d) A secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
2. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
3. What does Doc Sarvis like to burn down?
4. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
5. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)