|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hayduke propose they put explosives?
(a) In a truck.
(b) In a machine.
(c) In a mine.
(d) On a conveyor belt.
2. What do all the men desire to destroy?
(a) A dam.
(b) A police station.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A guard house.
3. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
(a) Bolt cutters.
(c) A tank.
4. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
(c) Housing developments.
5. What does Seldom Seen pray for God to start?
(a) A rainstorm.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An earthquake.
6. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) Wire cutters.
(b) A hammer.
(c) Bolt cutters.
(d) A saw.
7. Who does Seldom Seen see through his field glasses?
(a) A naked man.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A naked woman.
8. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
9. What river is at the Glen Canyon?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Washington River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Ohio River.
10. What dam did Abbey say he wanted to see destroyed?
(a) The Regal River Dam.
(b) The Colorado Dean Dam.
(c) The Amnesty Dam.
(d) The Glen Canyon Dam.
11. What does Doc's bumber sticker state?
(a) I am a Eco-Warrior and this is my Eco-tank.
(b) Keep away.
(c) Open your eyes to the world.
(d) God Bless America. Let's save some of it.
12. What university did Abbey attend?
(a) New York.
(d) New Mexico.
13. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
(c) People power.
14. What canyon does the bridge stretch across?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(b) The Glen Canyon.
(c) Matka Canyon.
(d) Nine Mile Canyon.
15. What does Seldom Seen suggest they set on fire?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A car.
(c) A vine covered fence.
(d) A wooden fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the river to become a tame glacier?
2. What event are several hundred people attending?
3. What does Hayduke suggest he can use a steel bar to move?
4. What are geophones used to scout?
5. How does Bonnie Abbzug help Doc burn the billboards?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)