|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joseph Fielding Smith's nickname?
(a) The man.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Seldom Seen.
2. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An assistant.
(d) A secretary.
3. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A dog.
(d) A coyote.
4. Who does Abbzug think about as she meditates?
(a) Seldom Smith.
(b) Bishop Love.
(d) Doc Sarvis.
5. Who does Abbzug deny she is in love with?
(a) Bishop Love.
(c) Seldom Seen.
6. What does the group decide to set a mine on?
(a) A construction site.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A converyor belt.
(d) A loading tower.
7. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
8. What do Doc Sarvis and Abbzug claim the explosives are for?
(a) A mining claim.
(b) A hunt.
(c) A mountain expedition.
(d) A police raid.
9. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) Wire cutters.
(b) Bolt cutters.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A saw.
10. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
(c) Dr. Boss.
11. Where does Seldom Seen live?
12. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
13. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
(b) Bolt cutters.
(c) A tank.
14. Where does Hayduke propose they put explosives?
(a) On a conveyor belt.
(b) In a truck.
(c) In a mine.
(d) In a machine.
15. What university did Abbey attend?
(c) New York.
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who usually arrives 15 minutes after Sarvis has burned down the billboards?
2. Where does the group travel to after leaving the restaurant?
3. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
4. To where does Hayduke drive the patrol car?
5. What state does the bridge cross over into?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)