|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen cook for his passengers and crew members?
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
2. To what city did Edward Abbey hitchhike?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What do Hayduke and Seldom Seen set fire to at Burr Pass?
(a) A truck.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) An oil tanker.
(d) A crane.
4. Who writes the introduction?
(a) Henry Green.
(b) Edward Abbey.
(c) Thmas Cooke.
(d) Douglas Brinkley.
5. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
(b) Housing developments.
6. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
(a) To criticize people.
(b) To recruit people.
(c) To scare people.
(d) To enlighten people.
7. What do all the men desire to destroy?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A guard house.
(c) A police station.
(d) A dam.
8. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
(a) He is funding the project.
(b) He is her boyfriend.
(c) He has the know how.
(d) He is the group leader.
9. What state does the bridge cross over into?
(c) New York.
10. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
(a) An assistant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A secretary.
11. What does a man ask to borrow from the group?
(a) Wire cutters.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A saw.
(d) Bolt cutters.
12. What does Hayduke throw onto the ground?
(b) Beer cans.
(d) Cigarette packets.
13. What does the group hide across the canyons of southeast Utah and southern Arizona?
(a) Books and pamphlets.
(b) Bombs and firearms.
(c) Food and field equipment.
(d) Postes and water bottles.
14. Why does Doc refuse to set fire to the vehicles?
(a) It would be arson.
(b) People could die.
(c) It would attract too much attention.
(d) They would be on the run.
15. Where does Hayduke propose they put explosives?
(a) In a machine.
(b) In a truck.
(c) In a mine.
(d) On a conveyor belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seldom Seen pray for God to start?
2. What does Seldom Seen hear a man howling like?
3. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
4. For what did a police officer once incorrectly arrest Hayduke?
5. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)