|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc's bumber sticker state?
(a) God Bless America. Let's save some of it.
(b) I am a Eco-Warrior and this is my Eco-tank.
(c) Keep away.
(d) Open your eyes to the world.
2. What do the men stay up to discuss?
(a) Their hatred of the government.
(b) Their love of the environment.
(c) Their love of baseball.
(d) Their hatred of industry.
3. Who does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
(a) The construction workers.
(b) Doc Sarvis.
(d) A group of policemen.
4. What does Hayduke do as he drives around the desert?
(b) Burns down bridges.
(c) Burns down billboards.
5. What kind of vehicle does Smith own?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A truck.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A motorbike.
6. What has caused the river to become a tame glacier?
(a) A fish farm.
(b) The Glen Canyon Dam.
(c) Too many boats.
(d) Dumped oil.
7. What do Hayduke and Seldom decide they will need to destroy the bridge?
(b) Bolt cutters.
(c) A tank.
8. How is the bridge destroyed?
(a) It is shot down.
(b) It is cut down.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is burned down.
9. From what country has Hayduke just returned?
10. What is Joseph Fielding Smith's nickname?
(a) Tiny Tim.
(b) Seldom Seen.
(c) The man.
11. What do Hayduke and Smith plan to fill with explosives?
(a) A ferry.
(b) A truck.
(c) A cruiser.
(d) A houseboat.
12. Where is Lee's Ferry situated?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Missouri River.
(d) Colorado River.
13. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
(a) Seldom Seen.
(c) Doc Sarvis.
(d) His ex-wife.
14. Why do Smith and Hayduke cut wire fences?
(a) To allow the cattle to roam freely.
(b) To delay construction.
(c) To make an escape route.
(d) To warn the construction workers.
15. What has the Sierra Club dubbed Abbey?
(a) The millitant environmentalist.
(b) The Dubster.
(c) The desert anarchist.
(d) Mr. Enviroment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group travel to after leaving the restaurant?
2. What event are several hundred people attending?
3. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
4. How does Bonnie Abbzug help Doc burn the billboards?
5. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)