|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group pour into fuel tanks?
(a) Karo syrup and sand.
(b) Porridge and soil.
(c) Pancake mix and tomato juice.
(d) Water and gunpowder.
2. Why does Doc have the final say on whether Abbzug can stay?
(a) He has the know how.
(b) He is funding the project.
(c) He is her boyfriend.
(d) He is the group leader.
3. Who runs after Seldom Seen and Hayduke?
(b) Local officilas.
(c) Construction workers.
(d) The police.
4. What has Doc Sarvis named his task of burning billboards?
(a) A beautification project.
(b) A hate project.
(c) Inverted advertizing.
(d) Global war.
5. What do Sarvis and Abbzug stop to listen to?
(a) A river.
(b) A song.
(c) The birds.
(d) A lake.
6. What does George Hayduke think is destroying the landscape?
(b) Housing developments.
7. What do Hayduke and Smith use to pull up the geophones?
(a) Steel rods.
8. Where does Doc Sarvis burn down billboards?
(a) Highway 54.
(b) Highway 66.
(c) Highway 22.
(d) Highway 96.
9. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
(a) Stare at him.
(b) Talk to him rudely.
(c) Drive too fast.
(d) Wake him up from a nightmare.
10. Who does Hayduke think about when he wakes up the following morning?
(b) Seldom Seen.
(c) Doc Sarvis.
(d) His ex-wife.
11. What kind of train does Hayduke say they are dealing with?
(a) An electric train.
(b) A commuter train.
(c) An automated train.
(d) A steam train.
12. In what part of the USA is the novel set?
13. What reason does Abbey give for writing novels on ecology?
(a) To recruit people.
(b) To enlighten people.
(c) To scare people.
(d) To criticize people.
14. What does Hayduke suggest he can use a steel bar to move?
(d) Oil tanks.
15. What does Smith throw at Hayduke to awaken him from a nightmare?
(a) A tape.
(b) A stick of dynamite.
(c) A stone.
(d) A shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bonnie's job at Doc Sarvis' medical practice?
2. Who does Hayduke watch as he eats breakfast?
3. What state does the bridge cross over into?
4. What kind of animal does Seldom Seen offer to shoot?
5. What character in the novel does Abbey base on the leader of a real environmental group?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)