|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hayduke want to purchase?
(a) Guns and dynamite.
(b) Armored vehicles.
(c) Recording equipment.
2. What does Doc want to use instead of violence?
(d) People power.
3. What is Joseph Fielding Smith's nickname?
(a) The man.
(b) Tiny Tim.
(c) Seldom Seen.
4. What does Hayduke attempt to do at a bar?
(a) Recruit demonstrators.
(b) Start a fight.
(c) Get very drunk.
(d) Talk to women.
5. Where was Edward Abbey raised?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The Colorado Mountains.
(d) New York.
6. What does the group pour into fuel tanks?
(a) Water and gunpowder.
(b) Porridge and soil.
(c) Karo syrup and sand.
(d) Pancake mix and tomato juice.
7. How does Doc warn the group a Jeep is driving up the path?
(a) He fires a gun.
(b) He hoots his horn.
(c) He whistles.
(d) He howls.
8. What does Seldom Seen suggest they set on fire?
(a) A wooden fence.
(b) A vine covered fence.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A car.
9. Who is the only person Doc says he has ever loved?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
10. What do all the men desire to destroy?
(a) A police station.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A dam.
(d) A guard house.
11. What shoots off when the organizers cut the ribbon?
(b) Machine guns.
12. How does Hayduke respond to Smith throwing a shoe at him?
(a) He grabs the steering wheel.
(b) He grabs his gun.
(c) He hits Smith.
(d) He screams.
13. What are the billboard posts made of?
14. Who do some critics say THE MONKEY WRENCH GANG is a bible for?
(d) Bored youths.
15. What part of New York is Abbzug from?
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did Abbey attend?
2. Where does the group drop off Doc Sarvis and Abbzug?
3. What does Hayduke tell Smith it is unwise for him to do?
4. Who does Seldom Seen see through his field glasses?
5. What did Abbey major in at university?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)