|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
2. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
3. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
(a) data sets
(c) scientific researchers
4. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Racial ranking experts
(b) Hard liners
(c) Red liners
(d) Soft liners
5. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
(a) Crania Americana
(c) Crania Astounda
(d) Crania Inca
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
2. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
3. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
4. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
5. Within what century did science become fascinated with numbers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did E.D. Cope believe affected the value of a person and the determination of their inferiority?
2. What was Binet commissions to do in 1904?
3. What do correlations not imply in regards to the studies in which they are used?
4. Was factor analysis the right technique to use in intelligence testing?
5. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
6. Who are two of the famous figures from history who are noted as believing in the inferiority of the blacks?
7. What does Gould logically assume to be true in relation to the contents of the brain?
8. What were the three facts upon which H.J. Eysenck based his theory of the inferiority of blacks?
9. What did Burt try to claim he had developed, though it was later shown to be a false claim?
10. What are the two views that resulted in the study of racial inferiority?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)