|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louis from #55 believed that there were different centers of _________.
2. Which was the top-ranked race in practitioners of racial ranking?
3. What does Socrates feel will happen when all people are intelligent?
(a) Society will become enlightened.
(b) Society will remain stable.
(c) Society will become revolutionary.
(d) Society will stop changing.
4. Who was the data analyst for the answer to #55?
(a) No one
5. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
(a) Their skull
(b) Their wrist
(c) The space between their eyes
(d) Their leg length
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaders of the eighteenth and nineteenth century did not dispute __________.
2. Louis Pierre Gratiolet wanted to prove that __________ brains were bigger than __________ brains.
3. Blumenbach believed differences in races might be linked to __________.
4. Which was the second-ranked race for the practitioners of racial ranking?
5. Gould goes on to say that science has not been constrained by _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gould say is invaluable about his book in regards to debunking theory?
2. What did Binet do in order to fulfill the obligations of his commission in 1904?
3. What are some of the arguments that have been used to justify the rankings of people in society?
4. What are 2 of the four points Gould keeps in mind as he examines the studies of the researchers in this book?
5. What did David Hume believe about white men?
6. What does Gould want to study in relation to the science related to the arguments for biological determinism?
7. Describe and define the idea of biological determinism.
8. How is biological determinism used in regards to the measurement of intelligence of people in society?
9. Who are two of the famous figures from history who are noted as believing in the inferiority of the blacks?
10. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)