|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flaws in the experimental design, according to Gould, do not lead to _________ in the numbers.
(b) the right sums
(c) proper graphs
2. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
3. Who was Francis Galton's cousin?
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) Paul Broca
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Stephen Gould
4. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(a) growth stages
5. What does Socrates believe all people should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. "For the past two centuries, scientific claims have become the primary agent for validating Plato's ________."
2. Franklin P. Mall __________ and __________ Bean's work.
3. Where was Robert Bennett Bean a physician?
4. If inferiority is cultural, then it can be changed by __________ factors
5. Gould also wants to look for problems in the ___________ data.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the results of Bean's work, as he found the differences between the races and the genders?
2. What are 2 of the four points Gould keeps in mind as he examines the studies of the researchers in this book?
3. Who are two of the famous figures from history who are noted as believing in the inferiority of the blacks?
4. What did David Hume believe about white men?
5. Why did Broca feel women should be denied the benefits of education?
6. What were some of the additional factors Gratiolet studied in order to determine the effect of brain size?
7. What were Broca's numbers based upon, according to Gould's examination of his studies?
8. What are some of the arguments that have been used to justify the rankings of people in society?
9. What does Gould have to say about science in relation to the facts it collects?
10. What did Gould find to be the main problem with Paul Broca's work?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)