|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to #48 also tried to show the entities with a higher ranking had to repeat the _________ of those with lower ranking.
(c) growth stages
2. Broca's numbers were based on his ______________, according to Gould.
3. Which Socrates work is Gould discussing at the opening of this book?
4. David Hume was a believer in the superiority of the _______ and polygeny.
(a) white race
(b) white child
(c) black race
(d) white female
5. Socrates says that class is ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which race was ranked last in the eyes of the practitioners of racial ranking?
2. What kind of disease can cause the brain to diminish in size before death?
3. What did Galton measure in order to ascertain the intelligence of people?
4. Who believes blacks are inferior but that intelligence should not be tied to the right for freedom?
5. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gould feel most of the errors in these discussed studies were the result of?
2. What does Gould say is one of the reasons for the failure of biological determinism?
3. If given the races of Indian, Black, and White, how would these be ranked, according to the early craniometry methods?
4. What does the factor analysis variable 'g' stand for?
5. Define the idea of recapitulation.
6. Finding the errors and pointing them out is just a part of what, according to Gould?
7. Where did Alfred Binet first begin his study of human intelligence?
8. Binet was also trying to create a test that distinguished between what?
9. Who was Serres, in relation to the polygenism movement? What did he study and find to be true?
10. What does Gould have to say about science in relation to the facts it collects?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)