Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Measuring Heads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
2. Who feels that blacks are inferior and therefore deserve the status of a slave?
(a) Racial ranking experts
(b) Hard liners
(c) Red liners
(d) Soft liners
3. The answer to #48 also said that adult blacks were like _______________.
(b) black children
(c) white children
(d) white adolescents
4. Gould says the claims of inferiority are limited to ____________ even thought race, sex, and social class are tied together.
(a) one study
(b) one group
(c) one scientist
(d) one setting
5. Within what century did science become fascinated with numbers?
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #48 said that humans were distinguished from _________ by the human's ability to improve himself.
2. Gould wants to reexamine the existing __________ for craniometry and intelligence testing.
3. What was the most famous work of the man in #59?
4. "Plato relied upon dialectic, the Church upon __________."
5. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)