|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of weaknesses is Gould looking to find in the arguments of other scientists presented in this book?
2. Science means looking for the ________ based on facts.
3. Ranking is used to determine that various disadvantaged groups are ______________.
4. The author of "An American Dilemma" says that Americans and others would only consider the __________ factors when they were forced to.
5. The individual's social and economic status is determined by biology so any attempt to make changes has to be _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould want to find in science that will support the idea that biological determinism is a result of social prejudice?
2. The argument of _______________ is the basis for believing that measuring the intelligence of an individual allows a measure of worth or value to be attached.
3. Gould calls biological determinism a theory of _____________ that has had a profound effect on many people.
4. What is the study of measuring the human head in order to assess intelligence called?
5. Each person is assigned a single ________ that determines his ranking on the scale.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)