|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose plan to cause an accident is quickly becoming clear?
(a) The Count's
(c) Mr. Poe's
2. Violet and Sunny sneak into the mill room and find the Foreman standing next to what?
(a) A saw
(b) A pile of boards
(c) A paint bucket
(d) A furnace
3. Who joins the girls and the Count in the waiting room?
(d) Dr. Orwell
4. As chapter 8 opens, Violet, Klaus and Sunny warily approach what?
(a) Sir's study
(b) The building that looks like an eye
(c) The library
(d) The dormitory
5. Phil is injured when what happens?
(a) He slips on a wet floor
(b) There is a fire at the mill
(c) The Foreman trips him
(d) The machinery comes down on him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts yelling abotu Phil's accident being the worst ever at the mill?
2. Violet and Sunny walk into the library and pick up Dr. Orwell's book, called what?
3. What name does Klaus call Violet in the waiting room?
4. Klaus obediently begins operating the large machine and everyone else begins doing what?
5. What food does someone offer to sneak to the children at lunch the day after their meeting with Sir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Klaus' odd behavior, in chapter 7 as a whole and how the Foreman reacts to it at the end of the chapter. What might everything all together indicate?
2. What is the result of the children's confrontation with the Count?
3. What happens to Klaus at his second trip to the eye doctor?
4. How does Charles offer to help, in chapter 10, and how is it reminiscent of earlier in the book?
5. What role does Sunny play in the chapter 12 battle?
6. What is known so far about Count Olaf and which people in the story he is working with?
7. What is the process of how Violet finds the answer in the library and what is the answer that she finds?
8. Describe the machine Klaus runs, in chapter 7, and the process involved.
9. What is the relationship between Sir and Charles like, in chapter 10, as opposed to how it is described earlier in the book?
10. What happens as Violet is trying to stop Klaus using one of the secret words, "lucky?"
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)