|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman int he waiting room's name?
2. Who is at the controls of the saw?
(a) Dr. Orwell
(b) The Foreman
3. This routine is broken by what?
(a) The Foreman tripping Violet
(b) The telephone ringing
(c) Sir entering
(d) A scream
4. Violet goes through the index and finds a chapter on what?
(a) Concussions affecting sight
(b) Hypnosis and mind control
(c) Headaches and eye strain
(d) Glasses and their uses
5. The children see what looks like a log bundled in string, but it is actually who tied up?
(a) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir does not believe Violet, although who does?
2. After leaving Sir's office, Sunyn begins to crawl in the direction of what place?
3. Suddenly, Klaus's eyes go wide and he immediately leaves the dormitory to go where?
4. The children are interrupted by who telling them that Lucky Smells Lumbermill has no room for dawdling?
5. Who is the only one left who can help Charles as the blade begins to slice through his shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Klaus' odd behavior, in chapter 7 as a whole and how the Foreman reacts to it at the end of the chapter. What might everything all together indicate?
2. What is the relationship between Sir and Charles like, in chapter 10, as opposed to how it is described earlier in the book?
3. Where do Violet and Sunny go, after leaving Sir's office, and what do they do when they get there?
4. What realization does Klaus make on the way to the eye doctor for the second time? Also, why doesn't that realization help him at the time?
5. Describe Violet in the library. What about her personality and attitude helps her there and what hurts her. How is that similar to students who have to research in real life?
6. When Violet and Sunny finally get in to see Sir, what does Violet tell him?
7. What happens as Violet is trying to stop Klaus using one of the secret words, "lucky?"
8. How do the children's general states of mind change, in chapter 10, and why?
9. What role does Sunny play in the chapter 12 battle?
10. What could possibly be causing Klaus' strange behavior, in the start of chapter 7?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)