|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor wears what on her feet?
(a) Red shoes
(b) Blue skis
(c) Black boots
(d) Green roller skates
2. Who do the children think is really the Count in disguise?
(a) Dr. Orwell
(c) The woman in the waiting room
3. Who does Sir say that he will give the children to?
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) The Count
(d) Dr. Orwell
4. The children are interrupted by who telling them that Lucky Smells Lumbermill has no room for dawdling?
(d) The Foreman
5. Whom does violet leave to care for Klaus while she is away?
(d) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in the waiting room wears a bad what on her head?
2. Violet learns that what can be used to get a person to perform a task under hypnosis?
3. the doctor says that you can catch more what with honey than with vinegar?
4. The Count reveals that Sir will be doing what with the children very soon?
5. When Klaus must return to the eye doctor, who insists on accompanying him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Violet and Sunny go, after leaving Sir's office, and what do they do when they get there?
2. What is the relationship between Sir and Charles like, in chapter 10, as opposed to how it is described earlier in the book?
3. What is the result of the children's confrontation with the Count?
4. How do Phil's attitude and the Foreman's attitude about the stamp machine incident contrast?
5. Who do you think is the hero of the battle in chapter 12 and why?
6. How does Violet realize what the secret word to completely release Klaus from his trance is and when does she use it?
7. What happens as Violet is trying to stop Klaus using one of the secret words, "lucky?"
8. How does Violet handle confronting the count and do you agree or disagree with her reaction.
9. What role does Sunny play in the chapter 12 battle?
10. What is known so far about Count Olaf and which people in the story he is working with?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)