|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the first name of one of the children?
2. Who tries to remind Klaus that he is at the Lucky Smells?
3. What is the foreman's name?
4. the foreman wakes everyone by banging two what together?
5. The children find out that there will be no breakfast because they have to do what?
(a) Go to school
(b) Go to work
(c) Meet the guardian
(d) Leave town immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything about the children's new home seems what?
2. Charles offers to help the children by giving them access to what?
3. Who must the children meet with, after they eat?
4. What does the Count's tattoo resemble?
5. How many books does the library have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the library and how the children feel about it.
2. How is the dormitory described and how do the children react to it?
3. Why are the workers incapable of having anything other than gum for lunch?
4. Describe the three children, briefly.
5. What does the mention of the gum in chapter 3 help to explain from earlier in the story?
6. How does the eye come into play again in chapter 5?
7. Describe the first day of work for the children.
8. Who is Phil and how does he deal with the children?
9. What observations can you make about Foreman Flacutono's actions in chapter 5?
10. Describe Mr. Poe's relationship with the children.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)