|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is escorting the children, as the book opens?
(a) Mr. Pue
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Mr. Panders
(d) Mr. Penny
2. When Violet tells Klaus that he should go to bed, what is Klaus' response?
(a) Whatever you say, Boss
(b) Yes, Ma'am
(c) Sure, Violet
(d) Yes, Sir
3. The children bump into a man, on the way to their meeting, who is described as what?
4. The guardian tells the children to call him what?
5. What obscures the guardian's face?
(a) A mask
(b) A curtain
(d) A newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything about the children's new home seems what?
2. What are the children given to eat while at work?
3. How often will the children see the foreman?
4. Although the girls are happy that Klaus has returned, they are upset by what?
5. How long ago did the previous foreman quit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of the dormitory window.
2. Describe Foreman Flacutono.
3. Describe the reception the children receive when they first get to the lumbermill.
4. Do the workers respect the foreman?
5. Describe the first day of work for the children.
6. What is the guardian of the children described as being like up to the end of chapter 4?
7. What do you think about the girls staring at the drawing of a window, while waiting for Klaus?
8. Do you think it was right for Mr. Poe to leave the children alone at the station in Paltryville? Why or why not?
9. Describe the town of Paltryville.
10. What opinion do the children have about Count Olaf, in chapter 5, and do you agree with it?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)