|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klaus realizes that what must have happened to him?
(a) He had an allergic reaction
(b) He got a concussion
(c) He was hypnotized
(d) He was poisoned
2. What name does Klaus call Violet in the waiting room?
3. Whom does violet leave to care for Klaus while she is away?
(d) Mr. Poe
4. Violet learns that what can be used to get a person to perform a task under hypnosis?
(a) A light
(b) A bell
(c) A word
(d) A smile
5. This routine is broken by what?
(a) A scream
(b) Sir entering
(c) The telephone ringing
(d) The Foreman tripping Violet
6. The Count is sitting where?
(a) On a bed
(b) At a desk
(c) On a couch
(d) Behind a curtain
7. Who joins the girls and the Count in the waiting room?
(d) Dr. Orwell
8. Klaus obediently begins operating the large machine and everyone else begins doing what?
(a) Blowing on letters
(b) Discarding scraps of wood
(c) Staining wood planks
(d) Debarking logs
9. Sir tells Charles that Charles' other job is to do what?
(a) Iron Sir's shirts
(b) Wash Sir's dishes
(c) Sweep Sir's floors
(d) Make Sir's bed
10. The children are interrupted by who telling them that Lucky Smells Lumbermill has no room for dawdling?
(c) The Foreman
11. Who is at the controls of the saw?
(a) Dr. Orwell
(c) The Foreman
12. What is Dr. Orwell's first name?
13. Violet and Sunny leave the office in what mood?
14. How does the Count behave when the children encounter him?
(a) He is angry
(b) He is mean
(c) He is indifferent
(d) He is nice
15. What is the woman int he waiting room's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that they will sneak the children food the next day?
2. The children receive a message from whom, upon returning to the mill?
3. Suddenly, Klaus's eyes go wide and he immediately leaves the dormitory to go where?
4. Violet screams the release word and Klaus does what?
5. Sir does not believe Violet, although who does?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)