|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Klaus must return to the eye doctor, who insists on accompanying him?
(c) Violet and Sunny
2. What is the easiest job for the mill employees?
3. Every time Foreman Flacutono tells Klaus to do something, he uses what word?
4. What is Dr. Orwell's first name?
5. As chapter 8 opens, Violet, Klaus and Sunny warily approach what?
(a) Sir's study
(b) The building that looks like an eye
(c) The library
(d) The dormitory
6. Sir has informed the children that, if what occurs, he will be forced to give them away?
(a) A complaint from the Foreman
(b) Another accident
(c) A complaint from Charles
(d) A complaint from Phil
7. Violet learns that what can be used to get a person to perform a task under hypnosis?
(a) A word
(b) A light
(c) A smile
(d) A bell
8. Who is at the controls of the saw?
(b) The Foreman
(c) Dr. Orwell
9. Who enters the mill, with Shirley in tow?
(b) Mr. Poe
(d) Dr. Orwell
10. The Count reveals that Sir will be doing what with the children very soon?
(a) Separating them from each other
(b) Handing them over to the Count
(c) Sending then to live with Mr. Poe
(d) Killing them
11. The children see right through the Count's disguise and do what?
(a) Question him
(b) Run away
(c) Call the police
12. Sir tells Charles that Charles' other job is to do what?
(a) Sweep Sir's floors
(b) Iron Sir's shirts
(c) Wash Sir's dishes
(d) Make Sir's bed
13. Suddenly, Klaus's eyes go wide and he immediately leaves the dormitory to go where?
(a) The doctor's office
(b) The mill
(c) The library
(d) Sir's study
14. What name does Klaus call Violet in the waiting room?
15. Klaus gets off the saw and tries to run over to Violet but who trips him?
(a) The Foreman
(d) The count
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Klaus been tripped, as of the end of chapter 12?
2. Violet and Sunny are not easily fooled by whom?
3. How does the Count behave when the children encounter him?
4. Whom does violet leave to care for Klaus while she is away?
5. What is the word used to describe the amount of money needed to replace the machinery?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)