|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Poe works where?
2. How is the foreman dressed?
(a) In a bathrobe
(b) In a tuxedo
(c) In dirty overalls
(d) In shorts and a t-shirt
3. What body parts do Sunny use to work that the other children do not use?
4. Where is the doctor's office?
(a) Above the bank
(b) In the building shaped like an eye
(c) Behind the post office
(d) In the mill's basement
5. What does Charles give to the children?
(a) A pear
(b) An apple
(c) An orange
(d) A peach
6. Why can't the children sleep, initially?
(a) One of them is missing
(b) They are made to work through the night
(c) They are preparing to run away
(d) They are lost in thought
7. Who reveals the doctor's name and location tot he children?
(a) The doctor herself
(d) The guardian
8. Where does Charles take the children, after they finish their snack?
(a) To the bank
(b) To the library
(c) To Sir's office
(d) Back to work
9. The sign for the lumbermill is made out of what unusual material?
10. Why doesn't Charles hear the children protesting Klaus leaving?
(a) The mill machinery is too loud
(b) There is a loud crash outside the mill
(c) The Foreman is yelling over the sound of the children
(d) The telephone rings
11. Vice President in Charge of Coins is a title belonging to whom?
12. What is the guardian's preferred method of communication?
(a) Relaying messages through his maid
(d) Relaying messages through the foreman
13. The children notice a building painted to look like what body part?
14. What is the name of the forest that the children pass on their journey?
(a) Foggy Forest
(b) Finite Forest
(c) Futile Forest
(d) Fertile Forest
15. What is the foreman's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to remind Klaus that he is at the Lucky Smells?
2. Charles offers to help the children by giving them access to what?
3. The children find out that there will be no breakfast because they have to do what?
4. Where did the books in the library come from?
5. The guardian is wearing what color suit when he first meets the children?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)