|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children are quickly dismissed so that Sir can do what?
(a) Make a phone call
(b) Eat lunch
(c) Watch television
(d) Read the paper
2. The foreman first calls the children what?
(c) New recruits
3. How does Charles know the guardian?
(a) They are father and son
(b) They are business partners
(c) They are cousins
(d) They are brothers
4. What does Charles give to the children?
(a) A pear
(b) A peach
(c) An apple
(d) An orange
5. The children sit down to share what first meal with the workers?
6. How often will the children see the foreman?
(a) Once a week
(b) Every other day
(c) Once a month
7. Where is the doctor's office?
(a) In the building shaped like an eye
(b) Above the bank
(c) Behind the post office
(d) In the mill's basement
8. The guardian tells the children to call him what?
9. The foreman wears a mask that obscures all of his face except for what?
(a) One cheek
(b) His nose
(c) His chin
(d) One ear
10. The sign for the lumbermill is made out of what unusual material?
11. Where are the children expected to work every day?
(a) The bank
(b) The mill
(c) The optomitrist's office
(d) The post office
12. Where does Klaus finally lay down?
(a) Phil's bunk
(b) The top bunk
(c) The bottom bunk
(d) The floor
13. Who escorts the children out of their meeting with Sir?
(a) Sir himself
(c) The Foreman
14. Klaus falls asleep without taking off what clothing?
(a) His hat
(b) His shoes
(c) His ring
(d) His gloves
15. Who wrote Advanced Ocular Science?
(a) Dr. Orson
(b) Dr. Oleson
(c) Dr. Ortega
(d) Dr. Orwell
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the children be sleeping, when they aren't at work?
2. What is the name of the Count mentioned in the story?
3. Who trips Klaus?
4. How do the children handle the news that they will be working?
5. When the children ask their guardian's name, what does Poe tell them?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)