|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals the doctor's name and location tot he children?
(a) The doctor herself
(b) The guardian
2. Who escorts the children out of their meeting with Sir?
(a) The Foreman
(b) Sir himself
3. The foreman demands that Violet and Sunny pick up what he drops, while Klaus does what?
(a) Makes beds
(b) Does push ups
(c) Does sit ups
(d) Gets dressed
4. Which of the following is the first name of one of the children?
5. What is the guardian's preferred method of communication?
(a) Relaying messages through his maid
(d) Relaying messages through the foreman
6. What breaks when Klaus falls?
(a) Klaus' glasses
(b) Klaus' arm
(c) Klaus' leg
(d) Klaus' nose
7. Mr. Poe works where?
8. After they eat, who tells the children that they must report to a meeting?
(a) The Foreman
9. Which is the name of the only male child in the family?
10. Completely mystified by his behavior, Violet and Sunny follow their brother where?
(a) Into the library
(b) Into the bathroom
(c) Into Sir's study
(d) Into the dormitory
11. For some reason, days have worn by without a single sighting of whom?
(a) The Count
(b) Mr. Poe
(d) The Foreman
12. How long are the children given to eat?
(a) 10 minutes
(b) 15 minutes
(c) 5 minutes
(d) 20 minutes
13. What is pictured on the cover of Advanced Ocular Science?
(a) The mark of Mr. Poe
(b) The mark of the Foreman
(c) The mark of Sir
(d) The mark of the Count
14. The foreman wears a mask that obscures all of his face except for what?
(a) His chin
(b) One ear
(c) His nose
(d) One cheek
15. Where does Klaus finally lay down?
(a) The bottom bunk
(b) Phil's bunk
(c) The floor
(d) The top bunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the children sleep, initially?
2. Who is Charles?
3. Who tries to remind Klaus that he is at the Lucky Smells?
4. What is the foreman's name?
5. The children have been lulled into a state of complacency by the absence of whom?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)