|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children bump into a man, on the way to their meeting, who is described as what?
2. Klaus falls asleep without taking off what clothing?
(a) His gloves
(b) His hat
(c) His ring
(d) His shoes
3. What is the dinner that everyone shares?
(a) A casserole
(b) A stew
(c) A chili
4. Where are the children expected to work every day?
(a) The optomitrist's office
(b) The mill
(c) The bank
(d) The post office
5. The count has a tattoo on what part of his body?
(a) His forehead
(b) His cheek
(c) His arm
(d) His ankle
6. Who reveals the doctor's name and location tot he children?
(b) The doctor herself
(d) The guardian
7. The girls finally decide to wait for Klaus where?
(a) In the library
(b) In front of the doctor's office
(c) In the courtyard
(d) In their beds
8. Dinner was described as what?
9. the general consensus about the foreman is that he is what type of man?
10. Which of the following is not a book found in the library?
(a) The Building of the Bank
(b) The History of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill
(c) The Paltryville Constitution
(d) Advanced Ocular Science
11. Although the girls are happy that Klaus has returned, they are upset by what?
(a) Klaus disappearing a second time
(b) The Foreman keeping them from seeing Klaus
(c) The Foreman putting them back to work as soon as Klaus returns
(d) Klaus' strange behavior
12. Completely mystified by his behavior, Violet and Sunny follow their brother where?
(a) Into the dormitory
(b) Into Sir's study
(c) Into the bathroom
(d) Into the library
13. Where does Klaus finally lay down?
(a) The top bunk
(b) The floor
(c) The bottom bunk
(d) Phil's bunk
14. The children are to stay at a Lumbermill called what?
(a) Lucky Smells
(b) Unlucky Smells
(c) Lucky Stars
(d) Unlucky Stars
15. For some reason, days have worn by without a single sighting of whom?
(a) Mr. Poe
(c) The Count
(d) The Foreman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the books in the library come from?
2. Finally, the bell rings to signify what?
3. The children find out that there will be no breakfast because they have to do what?
4. The children sit down to share what first meal with the workers?
5. What obscures the guardian's face?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)