|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The guardian is wearing what color suit when he first meets the children?
2. The count has a tattoo on what part of his body?
(a) His ankle
(b) His forehead
(c) His arm
(d) His cheek
3. The children notice a building painted to look like what body part?
4. What does the Count's tattoo resemble?
(a) The symbol on he sign for the lumbermill
(b) A picure in a magazine on the train
(c) An emblem on Mr. Poe's briefcase
(d) The building that the children pass
5. Which of the following is the last name of the children featured in the story?
6. The foreman demands that Violet and Sunny pick up what he drops, while Klaus does what?
(a) Does push ups
(b) Makes beds
(c) Gets dressed
(d) Does sit ups
7. How long ago did the previous foreman quit?
(a) Four years
(b) Three years
(c) One year
(d) Two years
8. Where are the children expected to work every day?
(a) The bank
(b) The mill
(c) The optomitrist's office
(d) The post office
9. The first day of work is called what?
(a) Branch Day
(b) Log Day
(c) Tree Day
(d) Limb Day
10. Why doesn't Charles hear the children protesting Klaus leaving?
(a) There is a loud crash outside the mill
(b) The Foreman is yelling over the sound of the children
(c) The mill machinery is too loud
(d) The telephone rings
11. How do the children handle the news that they will be working?
(a) They telephone Poe for help
(b) They run away
(c) They agree to make the best of it
(d) They complain
12. Who reveals the doctor's name and location tot he children?
(c) The guardian
(d) The doctor herself
13. Where will the children be sleeping, when they aren't at work?
(a) A closet
(b) An attic
(c) A basement
(d) A dormitory
14. Klaus is surprised that there is what in such a small town?
(a) A cardiologist
(b) An orthopedic surgeon
(c) A dentist
(d) An eye doctor
15. Which of the following is not a book found in the library?
(a) The Building of the Bank
(b) The Paltryville Constitution
(c) Advanced Ocular Science
(d) The History of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill
Short Answer Questions
1. Completely mystified by his behavior, Violet and Sunny follow their brother where?
2. Vice President in Charge of Coins is a title belonging to whom?
3. The children have been lulled into a state of complacency by the absence of whom?
4. The children find out that there will be no breakfast because they have to do what?
5. After they eat, who tells the children that they must report to a meeting?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)