|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, the bell rings to signify what?
(b) The end of the work day
2. Where are the children expected to work every day?
(a) The optomitrist's office
(b) The mill
(c) The bank
(d) The post office
3. Why did the previous foreman quit?
(a) He had an accident
(b) It's a mystery
(c) There was a death in his family
(d) He decided to move to someplace sunny and warm
4. Which of the following is the first name of one of the children?
5. How do the employees of the mill look at life?
(a) They are happy all the time
(b) They have an attitude of discontent
(c) They are optimistic that things will change
(d) They are content
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be done to the pieces of timber on the first day?
2. When the children ask their guardian's name, what does Poe tell them?
3. The foreman first calls the children what?
4. The count has a tattoo on what part of his body?
5. How do the children handle the news that they will be working?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)