|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Lon stash away his liquor in Part 2 Chapter 5?
2. Who is Jerry's mother looking for?
3. Who does Rachael share her candy with in Part 2 Chapter 1?
4. Who does Cindy Wilson convince to buy the mirror in Part 3 Chapter 13?
5. Who does Sophie leave the Gingerbread House to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the mirror in Chapter 12 and 13?
2. Why is Brandy sent to see Gale Sampson in Chapter 6? What does Gale conclude?
3. What does Chief Geronimo do to Lon in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. What do we learn of Brandy's plan before she is transported in Part 3 Chapter 1?
5. What happens in Part 2 Chapter 5 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research?
6. What does Rachael dare Jerry to do in Part 2 Chapter 3? What happens as a result?
7. What does Brandy discover over breakfast in Part 3 Chapter 3?
8. What does Brandy discover when she briefly re-inhabits her body in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Rachael rush back to the Gingerbread House in Chapter 15?
10. What happens after Shay is sent to live at a sanatorium in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical context of the novel "The Mirror". What major historical events take place during the time period in which this novel is set? How do these real events affect the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Brandy McCabe. What are her defining character traits? Describe her relationship with Marek and Rachael.
Essay Topic 3
What is the mirror? What powers does the mirror possess? How does the mirror impact the lives of the novel's characters? Discuss the mirror as the novel's antagonist.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)