|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rachael separated from her mother in Part 2 Chapter 6?
2. What is Jerry's last name?
3. Where do Thora K and Shay hide the mirror in Part 2 Chapter 4?
4. What event does Brandy attend in Part 3 Chapter 5?
5. What does Brandy notice about the mirror in Part 3 Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chief Geronimo do to Lon in Part 2 Chapter 6?
2. What is going on with Rachel and Jerry's marriage in Part 3 Chapter 4?
3. What mistakes does Brandy make in the modern world in Part 3 Chapter 3?
4. What happens after Shay is sent to live at a sanatorium in Part 2?
5. Who is Jerry and what does the reader learn about him in Part 2 Chapter 2?
6. What does Brandy first notice when she is transported into Shay's body?
7. What does Shay ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
8. What does Brandy discover over breakfast in Part 3 Chapter 3?
9. Where is Brandy and Rachel sent in Part 2 Chapter 6?
10. How long has Shay been in Brandy's body by Part 2 Chapter 2 and how does she feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How does the setting create hardships for the two protagonists?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Shay. What are her defining character traits? What is her role in the story? What struggles or obstacles does she face throughout the novel? Does she grow as a character? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the two protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)