|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jerry and Rachael come across the mirror in Part 2 Chapter 3?
2. What items did not sell in the night auction in Part 3 Chapter 13?
3. What does Lon see visions of in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. Where are Jerry and his mother living in Part 2 Chapter 2?
5. What are all the graves on the farm in Part 3 Chapter 10 labeled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Shay is sent to live at a sanatorium in Part 2?
2. Why does Rachael rush back to the Gingerbread House in Chapter 15?
3. What does Chief Geronimo do to Lon in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. Who is Angel St. John?
5. How long has Shay been in Brandy's body by Part 2 Chapter 2 and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Shay ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
7. What does Shay offer to do for May Bell and what does she ask for in return in Part 2 Chapter 2?
8. What does Rachael discover while reading her mother's diary in Chapter 15?
9. How does Rachel become reacquainted with Jerry in Part 2?
10. What does Angel St. John tell Brandy about her family in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How does the setting create hardships for the two protagonists?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of women during the two time periods in which the novel is set (early 1900's and 1970's). How do the differences in how women are regarded and treated in these two time periods impact Brandy and Shay?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the historical context of the novel "The Mirror". What major historical events take place during the time period in which this novel is set? How do these real events affect the characters?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)