|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cindy Wilson convince to buy the mirror in Part 3 Chapter 13?
2. Who hears Lon's scream in Part 2 Chapter 6?
3. Where does Remy go in Part 2 Chapter 5?
4. Who is Brandy sent to see in Part 3 Chapter 6?
5. Where does Lon hide in Part 2 Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shay and Thora K hide in Part 2 Chapter 4?
2. What happens in Part 2 Chapter 5 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research?
3. What happens to the mirror in Chapter 12 and 13?
4. Who is Angel St. John?
5. Why is Brandy sent to see Gale Sampson in Chapter 6? What does Gale conclude?
6. What does Rachael dare Jerry to do in Part 2 Chapter 3? What happens as a result?
7. Who is Jerry and what does the reader learn about him in Part 2 Chapter 2?
8. What is Rachael occupied with in Chapter 12?
9. What does Rachael discover while reading her mother's diary in Chapter 15?
10. How long has Shay been in Brandy's body by Part 2 Chapter 2 and how does she feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "The Mirror". How does Millhiser illustrate the motif of death in the novel? Who dies in the novel? How do they die? What is the significance of each death?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "The Mirror". What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the mirror symbolize? What does the Gingerbread House symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How does the setting create hardships for the two protagonists?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)