|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jerry's mother looking for?
2. What does Mr. Binder ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
3. What event does Brandy attend in Part 3 Chapter 5?
4. What shocks Brandy in Part 3 Chapter 2?
5. Who is Brandy sent to see in Part 3 Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rachael occupied with in Chapter 12?
2. What does Brandy discover when she briefly re-inhabits her body in Chapter 7?
3. What does Rachael discover while reading her mother's diary in Chapter 15?
4. What does Brandy discover over breakfast in Part 3 Chapter 3?
5. Why is Brandy sent to see Gale Sampson in Chapter 6? What does Gale conclude?
6. What does Shay ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
7. Who is Jerry and what does the reader learn about him in Part 2 Chapter 2?
8. What do we learn of Brandy's plan before she is transported in Part 3 Chapter 1?
9. Who is Angel St. John?
10. Where is Brandy and Rachel sent in Part 2 Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How does the setting create hardships for the two protagonists?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the two protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Mirror". Describe the families of Shay and Brandy. Is family important to the protagonists? How do they cope with being separated from their families?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)