|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brandy react when she turns on the boombox in Part 3 Chapter 3?
2. What does Brandy do just before she switches back to Shay's body in Part 3 Chapter 7?
3. Where does Lon hide in Part 2 Chapter 5?
4. Where is Rachael sent to live in Part 2 Chapter 6?
5. Who does Rachael encounter in the cemetery in Part 2 Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brandy first notice when she is transported into Shay's body?
2. What happens in Part 2 Chapter 5 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research?
3. Where is Brandy and Rachel sent in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. What do Shay and Thora K hide in Part 2 Chapter 4?
5. What is Rachael occupied with in Chapter 12?
6. What do we learn of Brandy's plan before she is transported in Part 3 Chapter 1?
7. What happens to the mirror in Chapter 12 and 13?
8. What happens to Shay when Rachel gives birth to her?
9. What mistakes does Brandy make in the modern world in Part 3 Chapter 3?
10. What does Brandy discover when she briefly re-inhabits her body in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Mirror". Describe the families of Shay and Brandy. Is family important to the protagonists? How do they cope with being separated from their families?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Millhiser's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why might Millhiser use foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel, Marlys Millhiser. What other works has she received recognition for? Is her work usually similarly-themed? Does she always write in the same genre?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)