|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing is Brandy uncomfortable in in Part 3 Chapter 3?
2. What happens when Rachael gives birth to Shay?
3. What do Jerry and Rachael plan to do while their daughter is acting strangely in Part 3 Chapter 4?
4. What is Brandy intrigued by in Part 3 Chapter 5?
5. Why does Marek go to Wyoming in Part 3 Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shay and Thora K hide in Part 2 Chapter 4?
2. What is going on with Rachel and Jerry's marriage in Part 3 Chapter 4?
3. Where is Brandy and Rachel sent in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. Who is Jerry and what does the reader learn about him in Part 2 Chapter 2?
5. What does Brandy discover when she briefly re-inhabits her body in Chapter 7?
6. What does Brandy discover over breakfast in Part 3 Chapter 3?
7. What happens to the mirror in Chapter 12 and 13?
8. What happens to Shay when Rachel gives birth to her?
9. What does Rachael dare Jerry to do in Part 2 Chapter 3? What happens as a result?
10. What is Rachael occupied with in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of women during the two time periods in which the novel is set (early 1900's and 1970's). How do the differences in how women are regarded and treated in these two time periods impact Brandy and Shay?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Millhiser's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why might Millhiser use foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
What mystery surrounds the mirror? What questions do the protagonists have in regards to the mirror? To these questions get answered?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)