|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shay ordered to throw away?
2. What does Thora K request while dragging out the mirror in Part 1 Chapter 19?
3. Who lands at Shay's feet during the rodeo?
4. What does Shay wonder about in Part 1 Chapter 17?
5. Who do Thora K and Shay see a phantom of in Part 1 Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins in Part I Chapter 11?
2. What do Shay and Thora K envision in Part I Chapter 18?
3. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
4. How does Corbin react to Brandy's strange behavior?
5. What does the Part 1 Interim reveal?
6. What does Thora K accuse Shay of in Part I Chapter 19, and why?
7. What information does Dr.Seaton give in Part I Chapter 8 and 9?
8. What happens when Shay briefly inhabits her own body in Part I Chapter 15?
9. What does Shay wonder about women in Part I Chapter 17?
10. How does Shay and her family feel about her impending nuptials in Part I Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel, Marlys Millhiser. What other works has she received recognition for? Is her work usually similarly-themed? Does she always write in the same genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "The Mirror". How does Millhiser illustrate the motif of death in the novel? Who dies in the novel? How do they die? What is the significance of each death?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How does the setting create hardships for the two protagonists?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)