|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marek Weir?
2. What caused the death of most of Thora K's children and husband?
3. What happens in Part 1 Chapter 17 when Shay is walking down Main Street?
4. What does Thora K accuse Shay of in Part 1 Chapter 19?
5. What is the name given to the mirror which causes the two women to switch bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shay and her family feel about her impending nuptials in Part I Chapter 2?
2. What happens when Shay briefly inhabits her own body in Part I Chapter 15?
3. What does Shay observe when she awakens in Part I Chapter 3?
4. How does Shay prove she is not crazy in Part I Chapter 16?
5. What occurs at the wedding in Part I Chapter 5?
6. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
7. What duties is Shay responsible for at the cabin in Part I Chapter 9?
8. Describe Corbin's cabin and Thora, who Shay meets at the cabin.
9. What happens when Shay gives birth in Part I Chapter 19?
10. Who is Grandma Bran, and how does she react when she sees the mirror in Part I Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the struggles faced by Brandy and Shay throughout the novel. How do they deal with these obstacles and how do they overcome them? What causes these problems for them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "The Mirror". How does Millhiser illustrate the motif of death in the novel? Who dies in the novel? How do they die? What is the significance of each death?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Brandy McCabe. What are her defining character traits? Describe her relationship with Marek and Rachael.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)