|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Corbin?
2. Where is Corbin and Tim when Main Street is destroyed?
3. What destroys Main Street in Part 1 Chapter 18?
4. What shocks Brandy at the end of Part 1 Chapter 6?
5. What does Thora K think Shay has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thora share of Corbin's family background in Part I Chapter 12?
2. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins in Part I Chapter 11?
3. What does Shay observe when she awakens in Part I Chapter 3?
4. Where does Hutch take Shay in Part I Chapter 20?
5. How is the news of Brandy's body's pregnancy received?
6. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
7. What happens when Shay gives birth in Part I Chapter 19?
8. What does Shay learn about Thora in Part I Chapter 13?
9. What does Shay realize in Part I Chapter 16?
10. How does Corbin react to Brandy's strange behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with the novel "The Mirror"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Brandy and Shay throughout the novel. How do they deal with these obstacles and how do they overcome them? What causes these problems for them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "The Mirror". How does Millhiser illustrate the motif of death in the novel? Who dies in the novel? How do they die? What is the significance of each death?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)