|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Corbin?
2. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins' father?
3. What words does Bran speak in Part 1 Chapter 2?
4. What destroys Main Street in Part 1 Chapter 18?
5. Who is Rachael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do people think of Brandy in Part I Chapter 6?
2. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
3. Who is Lon Maddon?
4. Who is Grandma Bran, and how does she react when she sees the mirror in Part I Chapter 1?
5. Who are the main characters of the novel, and what is their connection to one another?
6. What does Shay learn about Thora in Part I Chapter 13?
7. What happens to John McCabe in Part I Chapter 14?
8. Describe Corbin's cabin and Thora, who Shay meets at the cabin.
9. What does Shay observe when she awakens in Part I Chapter 3?
10. What duties is Shay responsible for at the cabin in Part I Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the two protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Mirror". Describe the families of Shay and Brandy. Is family important to the protagonists? How do they cope with being separated from their families?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of time travel in the novel "The Mirror". Does Millhiser explain the time travel in a convincing manner? How does the time travel impact Brandy's life? How does it impact Shay's life?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)