|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news arrives by telegram in Part 1 Chapter 13?
(a) Brandy's brother is engaged.
(b) Brandy's brother has died.
(c) America has declared war.
(d) John McCabe is very ill.
2. What does Thora K think Shay has?
(a) A disease.
(b) The Sight.
(c) A baby in the oven.
(d) Bad hearing.
3. What does Hutch declare to Shay when they meet by the well in Part 1 Chapter 19?
(a) He is glad that they married.
(b) He will become a wealthy man.
(c) He will die with dignity.
(d) He intends to marry her.
4. What is the name of the old mining town Shay visits with Thora K?
5. Where are most of the men when the Main Street is destroyed?
(a) In the tavern having drinks.
(b) Rebuilding a barn in the country.
(c) At court in Boulder.
(d) Farming in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corbin live?
2. What does Thora K reveal of her family background in Part 1 Chapter 12?
3. Where is Corbin and Tim when Main Street is destroyed?
4. Who is Thora K?
5. Who bought the mirror for Brandy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shay and Thora K envision in Part I Chapter 18?
2. What happens when Hutch Maddon is thrown from his horse in Part I Chapter 13?
3. How does Shay prove she is not crazy in Part I Chapter 16?
4. What does Shay realize in Part I Chapter 16?
5. What does the Part 1 Interim reveal?
6. Where does Hutch take Shay in Part I Chapter 20?
7. What does Shay observe when she awakens in Part I Chapter 3?
8. What occurs at the wedding in Part I Chapter 5?
9. What public figure dies in Part I Chapter 19 and how does Thora K react to the death?
10. What duties is Shay responsible for at the cabin in Part I Chapter 9?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)