|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thora K accuse Shay of in Part 1 Chapter 19?
(a) Being a witch.
(b) Stabbing Corbin.
(c) Sleeping with another man.
(d) Stealing her valuables.
2. Who is looking for Hutch Maddon in Part 1 Chapter 15?
(a) Tom Horn.
(c) May Bell.
3. Who is assassinated in Part 1 Chapter 19?
(a) President Cleveland.
(b) President McKinley.
(c) President Arthur.
(d) President Harrison.
4. What does Shay prepare for at the beginning of Part 1 Chapter 19?
(a) Corbin's funeral.
(b) Her new job after Corbin's death.
(c) Corbin's death.
(d) Corbin's last wish.
5. What is the name given to the mirror which causes the two women to switch bodies?
(a) The 'wedding mirror'.
(b) The 'forgiving mirror'.
(c) The 'magic mirror'.
(d) The 'witch mirror'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins' father?
2. When Shay asks to return to Nederland in Part 1 Chapter 16, what does Sophie offer her?
3. How does Hutch try to impress Shay in Part 1 Chapter 20?
4. Where does Brandy and her family live?
5. Who does Shay learn is dead in Part 1 Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shay and her family feel about her impending nuptials in Part I Chapter 2?
2. What do Shay and Thora K envision in Part I Chapter 18?
3. What occurs at the wedding in Part I Chapter 5?
4. What do people think of Brandy in Part I Chapter 6?
5. What does Shay reveal to Thora K in Part I Chapter 17?
6. What does the reader learn of the history of the mirror in Backward?
7. How does Corbin react to Brandy's strange behavior?
8. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
9. What happens to John McCabe in Part I Chapter 14?
10. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins in Part I Chapter 11?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)