|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the mirror for Brandy?
(a) Her father, John.
(b) Her grandmother, Marion.
(c) Her friend, Antony.
(d) Her sister, Claire.
2. How old is Thora K in Part 1 Chapter 13?
3. What is the name of the old mining town Shay visits with Thora K?
4. What does Thora K think Shay has the gift for?
5. What is the name of Shay's family home?
(a) The Blue House.
(b) The Magic House.
(c) The Gingerbread House.
(d) The Garden Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shay accept in Part 1 Chapter 20?
2. Which of the following is Shay NOT responsible for at the cabin?
3. What does Thora K accuse Shay of in Part 1 Chapter 19?
4. Who is Joshua?
5. Who is May Bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn of the history of the mirror in Backward?
2. Describe Corbin's cabin and Thora, who Shay meets at the cabin.
3. What occurs at the wedding in Part I Chapter 5?
4. What does the Part 1 Interim reveal?
5. What does Shay decide to write down in Part I Chapter 14?
6. What do Shay and Thora K envision in Part I Chapter 18?
7. How does Shay and her family feel about her impending nuptials in Part I Chapter 2?
8. Who are the main characters of the novel, and what is their connection to one another?
9. What does Shay learn about Thora in Part I Chapter 13?
10. What happens when Shay gives birth in Part I Chapter 19?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)