|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachael in Part 3 Chapter 12?
(a) At the Gingerbread House.
(b) In a rented cottage in Connecticut.
(c) In a hotel in Denver.
(d) At a friend's house.
2. What does Brandy write on a chalkboard in Part 3 Chapter 5?
(a) "I am Brandy."
(b) "I love Marek".
(c) "I am Shay".
(d) "Who am I?"
3. What is Jerry doing in the yard in Part 2 Chapter 3?
(a) Planting some flower seeds.
(b) Trying to catch a rabbit.
(c) Raking leaves.
(d) Playing with insects.
4. Where does Lon hide in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) At the Strock cabin.
(b) In a small cave just out of town.
(c) In a deserted barn.
(d) In the Brandy Wine.
5. Why must Lon stash away his liquor in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) So he doesn't have to share it.
(b) So his wife doesn't nag him for drinking.
(c) To avoid being captured by the authorities.
(d) So he can savor it over time.
6. Where does Brandy plan to run away to instead of marrying Mr. Strock?
(a) To her grandparent's farm.
(b) The nearest city.
(c) To a traveling acting troupe.
(d) To her Aunt Harriet Euler.
7. What does Rachael ask her mother for in Part 2 Chapter 1?
(a) To have a boy over for dinner.
(b) A new set of books for school.
(c) A new frock.
(d) More play time.
8. What happens when Lottie encounters Brandy in Part 3 Chapter 13?
(a) She recognizes her as the missing girl from the radio announcements.
(b) She punches her and calls her an intruder.
(c) She asks to see her ID.
(d) She offers her tea and cookies.
9. What is Jerry's connection to the woman he and his mother are looking for in Part 2 Chapter 2?
(a) He is her grandson.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her nephew.
(d) He is her biological son.
10. Who is Jerry's mother looking for?
(a) A woman named Cindy Peterson.
(b) A woman named Christine Pintor.
(c) A woman named Carla Petrilo.
(d) A woman named Catherine Paulson.
11. What items did not sell in the night auction in Part 3 Chapter 13?
(a) The buffet table.
(b) A silk robe and a pair of nightstands.
(c) The mirror and a rocking chair.
(d) The engagement ring.
12. Where do Jerry and Rachael come across the mirror in Part 2 Chapter 3?
(a) Buried in the backyard.
(b) Behind the forbidden door.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In the cellar.
13. What do Rachael and Jerry discover in Part 2 Chapter 3?
(a) The body of Mr. Pemberthy.
(b) A chest full of gold.
(c) A love letter written by Brandy.
(d) A room full of gin and whiskey.
14. Who robs the Gingerbread House in Part 3 Chapter 12?
(a) Carl Dunphy and a black-haired man.
(b) Crispin Debbin and a red-haired man.
(c) Chris Davenport and a gray-haired man.
(d) Charlie Duckworth and a blond-haired man.
15. How does Brandy react when she turns on the boombox in Part 3 Chapter 3?
(a) She is interested.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachael encounter in the cemetery in Part 2 Chapter 8?
2. What is Thora K's tonic made of?
3. What is Brandy mesmerized by in Part 3 Chapter 6?
4. Who does Rachael share her candy with in Part 2 Chapter 1?
5. What is Jerry's last name?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)