|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brandy plan to run away to instead of marrying Mr. Strock?
(a) The nearest city.
(b) To her grandparent's farm.
(c) To a traveling acting troupe.
(d) To her Aunt Harriet Euler.
2. What items did not sell in the night auction in Part 3 Chapter 13?
(a) The buffet table.
(b) A silk robe and a pair of nightstands.
(c) The mirror and a rocking chair.
(d) The engagement ring.
3. Who does Brandy think Marek must be?
(b) Shay's first love.
(c) A rich man.
(d) An atheist.
4. Where is Rachael in Part 3 Chapter 12?
(a) At the Gingerbread House.
(b) In a hotel in Denver.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) In a rented cottage in Connecticut.
5. How many months is Shay's body pregnant in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
6. Why does the family allow 'Shay' to go out with Marek Part 3 Chapter 4?
(a) Because they hope that he will ground her.
(b) Because they know Marek is very wealthy.
(c) Because Shay loves him.
(d) Because Marek is blackmailing them.
7. Who is Brandy sent to see in Part 3 Chapter 6?
(a) Greta Swan.
(b) Gina Simpson.
(c) Gale Sampson.
(d) Geraldine Smith.
8. What horrifies Brandy in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) When Jerry burps.
(b) When Rachael talks about abortion.
(c) When Marek says a crude joke.
(d) When Rachael uses her hands to eat.
9. What does Brandy do when the phone rings in Part 3 Chapter 3?
(a) She answer it and takes a message.
(b) She hides under her bed.
(c) She answers the antique phone instead of the house phone.
(d) She runs out of the house.
10. Why does Brandy hide in the barn in Part 3 Chapter 12?
(a) Lottie returns home.
(b) To smoke a cigarette.
(c) To plan a surprise for her caregiver.
(d) To avoid doing chores.
11. Where is Jerry sent after his mother dies?
(a) To an orphanage in Boulder.
(b) To a private school in Pennsylvania.
(c) To live with Sophie.
(d) To live at the Strock cabin.
12. Where does the wedding mirror end up in Part 3 Chapter 12?
(a) At a woman's clothes shop in New Hampshire.
(b) In a young lady's apartment in Miami.
(c) At an auction in Texas.
(d) In a junk shop in Boston.
13. What does Rachael rescue from the junk heap in Part 2 Chapter 7?
(a) Thora K's icebox.
(b) Thora K's buffet and the mirror.
(c) A love letter.
(d) Brandy's diary.
14. Why must Lon stash away his liquor in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) To avoid being captured by the authorities.
(b) So his wife doesn't nag him for drinking.
(c) So he doesn't have to share it.
(d) So he can savor it over time.
15. Where is Rachael sent to live in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) With Sophie at the Gingerbread House.
(c) The Strock cabin.
(d) An orphanage in Boulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing is Brandy uncomfortable in in Part 3 Chapter 3?
2. What does Jerry plan to do in Part 3 Chapter 4?
3. What does Mr. Binder ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
4. What is Jerry's last name?
5. When does Lon tell Hutch he will return in Part 2 Chapter 5?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)