|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jerry and Rachael plan to do while their daughter is acting strangely in Part 3 Chapter 4?
(a) Seek out medical care for her.
(b) Keep Marek away.
(c) Keep her from the public eye.
(d) Stay together.
2. Who does Brandy think Marek must be?
(a) A rich man.
(b) Shay's first love.
(d) An atheist.
3. What future event does Shay tell May Bell about in Part 2 Chapter 2?
(b) The stock market crash.
(c) The sinking of the Titanic.
(d) The Cold War.
4. What is Jerry doing in the yard in Part 2 Chapter 3?
(a) Raking leaves.
(b) Planting some flower seeds.
(c) Playing with insects.
(d) Trying to catch a rabbit.
5. What shocks Brandy in Part 3 Chapter 2?
(a) When Marek kisses her and touches her thigh in front of everyone.
(b) The way in which everyone eats their food.
(c) The strange contraptions used to wash clothes.
(d) The slang that everyone uses.
6. What does Brandy do just before she switches back to Shay's body in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) She writes a letter.
(b) Reads a passage from the diary.
(c) She looks at her family photo album.
(d) She kisses Corbin.
7. What does Brandy's caregiver tell her about Sophie in Part 3 Chapter 10?
(a) That she was the lovechild of a great lord.
(b) That she lived off the profits of whores and gamblers.
(c) That she had a child out of wedlock.
(d) That she didn't live honestly.
8. Who does Cindy Wilson convince to buy the mirror in Part 3 Chapter 13?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her business partner.
(d) Her husband.
9. Why must Lon stash away his liquor in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) So he can savor it over time.
(b) To avoid being captured by the authorities.
(c) So he doesn't have to share it.
(d) So his wife doesn't nag him for drinking.
10. What items did not sell in the night auction in Part 3 Chapter 13?
(a) The engagement ring.
(b) The buffet table.
(c) A silk robe and a pair of nightstands.
(d) The mirror and a rocking chair.
11. Why does Marek go to Wyoming in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) To manage a property.
(b) His mother is dying.
(c) To interview for a job.
(d) To go site-seeing.
12. Who hears Lon's scream in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) Chief Geronimo.
(b) No one.
13. What does Jerry plan to do in Part 3 Chapter 4?
(a) Sell the house.
(b) Place 'Shay' in a psychiatric hospital.
(c) Leave Rachael.
(d) Start a new business.
14. Where does Lon hide in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) In the Brandy Wine.
(b) In a deserted barn.
(c) At the Strock cabin.
(d) In a small cave just out of town.
15. Where does Brandy go with Marek in Part 3 Chapter 5?
(a) The National Museum of Arts.
(b) The Royal Pavilion.
(c) The Center of Science and Technology for the Eastern States.
(d) The National Center for Atmospheric Research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jerry sent after his mother dies?
2. What makes Rachael uncomfortable in Part 2 Chapter 5?
3. Who is Brandy sent to see in Part 3 Chapter 6?
4. Who does Jerry see a vision of in the mirror in Part 3 Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Binder ask Rachael about in Part 2 Chapter 1?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)