|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Remy and Dan?
(a) Two traveling magicians.
(b) Brandy's brothers.
(c) Hutch's sons.
(d) Brandy's uncles.
2. Why does Corbin carry Shay back to the cabin in Part 1 Chapter 17?
(a) She has a crossover experience.
(b) She sprangs her ankle.
(c) She faints from exhaustion.
(d) She loses her shoe.
3. What does Shay learn about the Maddon twins' mother?
(a) She married three times.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She killed her husband.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Which of the following best describes Corbin's cabin?
(a) It has one large room and a small closet.
(b) It has a large room, two smaller rooms and a loft.
(c) It has two main rooms and a small loft.
(d) It has four small rooms of equal size.
5. What does Shay inadvertently reveal to Thora K in Part 1 Chapter 17?
(a) That Corbin will live to be an old man.
(b) That Thora K will die this year.
(c) That Thora K will outlive Corbin.
(d) That Corbin will be the father of twins.
6. Who is the author of "The Mirror"?
(a) Marlys Millhiser.
(b) Anya Seton.
(c) Norah Lofts.
(d) Victoria Holt.
7. Who does Shay learn is dead in Part 1 Chapter 16?
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Tom Horn.
8. What does Thora K think Shay has the gift for?
9. What does Shay forget to do in Part 1 Chapter 10?
(a) Sweep the cabin.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Chop wood.
(d) Fetch water.
10. What is the name given to the mirror which causes the two women to switch bodies?
(a) The 'magic mirror'.
(b) The 'witch mirror'.
(c) The 'forgiving mirror'.
(d) The 'wedding mirror'.
11. Who checks on Shay in Part 1 Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Seawell.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Sampson.
(d) Dr. Seaton.
12. What does Shay worry about in the Interim?
(a) How she will return to her old life.
(b) What she will do when Rachael is born.
(c) Keeping Corbin's memory alive.
(d) Hutch's drinking problem.
13. Who is Marek Weir?
(a) Shay's coach.
(b) Shay's schoolmate.
(c) Shay's fiancé.
(d) Shay's friend.
14. What news arrives by telegram in Part 1 Chapter 13?
(a) America has declared war.
(b) John McCabe is very ill.
(c) Brandy's brother is engaged.
(d) Brandy's brother has died.
15. What does Thora K request while dragging out the mirror in Part 1 Chapter 19?
(a) For Shay to warn them if anything might happen to Roosevelt.
(b) For Shay to warn them if there is a epidemic or natural disaster coming.
(c) For Shay to look in the mirror and get excited.
(d) For Shay to throw the mirror away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shay's last name?
2. What does Dr. Seaton tell Shay following childbirth?
3. How long does Shay's daughter live for?
4. Where does Hutch invite Shay in Part 1 Chapter 20?
5. What does Shay have a vision of in Part 1 Chapter 8?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)