|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "Khwabgah" (pages 11-62) .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist in Chapter 1 use to sooth her hurts and blows?
(a) The whispers of her dreams.
(b) The breath of the sun.
(c) The music of her leaves.
(d) The sound of the lapping waves.
2. Who is described as the "blind imam who had once led the prayers in the Fatehpuri Masjid" in Chapter 1?
(a) Musa Yeswi.
3. Nimmo Gorakpuri told Aftab in Chapter 2 that God created creatures like them because he wanted to create "a living creature that is incapable of" (27) what?
4. How is gender applied to Urdu?
(a) There are no genders for any nouns.
(b) All animal-based nouns have specific genders.
(c) Some nouns have genders and others do not.
(d) There is a gender for every noun.
5. What shared experience does Anjum conclude she shares with the imam in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what types of trees does the narrator describe the flying foxes unhinging themselves in the Prologue?
2. What did Anjum name the little three-year-old girl she found on the steps of Jama Masjid?
3. How old was Antun when she announced her decision to leave the Khwabgah?
4. Whose ghosts does the protagonist in Chapter 1 confer with daily?
5. What come home after the bats leave, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)