|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: "Khwabgah" (pages 11-62) .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nimmo Gorakpuri told Aftab in Chapter 2 that God created creatures like them because he wanted to create "a living creature that is incapable of" (27) what?
2. What poison has killed the white-backed vultures?
(c) Agent Orange.
3. How is gender applied to Urdu?
(a) There is a gender for every noun.
(b) There are no genders for any nouns.
(c) All animal-based nouns have specific genders.
(d) Some nouns have genders and others do not.
4. Who was the love of Hazrat Sarmad Shaheed's life for whom he traveled to Delhi?
(a) Nimmo Gorakhpuri.
(b) Amrik Singh.
(d) Abhay Chand.
5. Who is the self-described sexologist that Mulaqat Ali took his son to see first?
(a) Dr. Ghulum Nabi.
(b) Saddam Hussein.
(c) Amrik Singh.
(d) Musa Yeswi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the protagonist and the Englishman share with one another in Chapter 1?
2. What word in the novel refers to the shrines over the grave of a revered religious figure?
3. With whom did Aftab take music lessons at the madrassa?
4. The poison that wiped out the white-backed vultures was used as a relaxant on what animals?
5. How old was Antun when she announced her decision to leave the Khwabgah?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)