|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: "The Untimely Death of Miss Jebeen the First".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Musa told Tilo in the basement in Chapter 9 to either get married to do what?
(a) To get refugee status in America.
(b) To go see her mother.
(c) To enter a nunnery.
(d) To return to Kabul.
2. Who is described as a building contractor and Anjun's friend who visited her at the cemetery in Chapter 2?
(a) Zakir Mian.
(b) Mr. D. D. Gupta.
(c) Mulaqat Ali.
3. Alongside how many others was Miss Jebeen and her mother buried?
4. Where was Saddam Hussein fired from when he came to the cemetery?
(a) The mortuary.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The school.
(d) The bank.
5. What does the narrator say the poor villagers were treated as in the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) The desperate.
(c) The needed labor force.
(d) The helpless poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator in Chapter 9 describes Miss Jebeen as becoming one of the greatest martyrs of what movement?
2. What was the charge that Saddam's father faced when he was arrested?
3. On what houseboat did Tilo meet Commander Gulrez in Chapter 9?
4. Whom does the narrator identify as the soldier that is being tortured in the photos in Tilo's apartment?
5. What did Anjum use to sleep on in the cemetery in Chapter 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)