1. What event is taking place during the novel's prologue?
2. Who is the focus of the event taking place within the novel's prologue?
3. What does the narrator list as the one object that "the reformers didn't pull down" (1)?
The church roof.
4. From what source does the author provide both of the text's epigraphs?
The King James Bible.
5. In what year does the first chapter of Part One take place?
6. What feeling does Nella have upon first arriving at the Brandt house when no one will answer the door?
She feels as if she is being watched.
This section contains 5,577 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)