|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 240-315.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marin say about hope when she and Nella are discussing Johannes's dire situation?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It will only lead to heartbreak.
(c) It is the only thing keeping people alive.
(d) It is not to be wasted.
2. How old is Johannes at the time of his and Nella's wedding?
3. For how many days does Nella pretend to sleep when Marin comes to sit on the end of the bed?
4. Over what action does Nella feel shame after she finds out that the miniaturist is a woman?
(a) For sending the miniaturist a bottle of cologne.
(b) For assuming that women cannot be craftspeople.
(c) For addressing the miniaturist as a Sir in her correspondence.
(d) For thinking of the miniaturist as an old man with a beard.
5. To Nella's surprise, Marin tells her that what object will protect the Brandt household in the face of Johannes's homosexuality?
(a) Christ's love.
(d) Sugar profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected act does Johannes undertake when he finally returns from Venice?
2. What event is taking place during the novel's prologue?
3. How much younger does Nella decide she is than Marin?
4. When Johannes tells Marin to stop acting like she owns the household, what reason does he give?
5. What metaphor does Marin use when telling Nella that she does not understand Marin or Johannes?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)