|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 240-315.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected act does Johannes undertake when he finally returns from Venice?
(a) He takes Nella into the bedroom to consummate their marriage.
(b) He takes Marin in a tight embrace.
(c) He takes Nella in a tight embrace.
(d) He announces that he will begin a renovation of the Brandt house.
2. In what month of 1687 does Part Four begin?
3. How does Nella injure herself the night of her first kiss with Johannes?
(a) She bangs her hip into a table on her way out of the room.
(b) She stumbles on the last two stairs down to the kitchen.
(c) She kicks the leg of the cabinet house.
(d) She falls out of bed and hits her head.
4. What emotion does Nella admit feeling when she realizes that she will never engage in sexual activity within her marriage?
5. What reason does Nella cite to Johannes when he is touched by the item she has placed in her hair the night of his departure to Venice?
(a) For progress.
(b) For restoration.
(c) For affection.
(d) For love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nella place the Nella doll after putting something around its neck?
2. How does Nella locate the miniaturist who becomes a major and enigmatic part of the narrative?
3. Before going to visit the miniaturist at night, what item does Nella place around the Nella doll's tiny neck?
4. Marin threatens Nella, saying that if Nella leaves the cabinet house empty, she will turn Johannes's gift into a crime of what?
5. When Nella compares Assendelft with Amsterdam, what does she decide is the only thing she can currently call her own?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)