|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 92-163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the first chapter of Part One take place?
2. Who is the only person in Nella's life who enjoys bringing up and discussing the past?
(b) Nella's father.
(d) Nella's mother.
3. For what reason does Hole-Face say he does not and will not speak to the miniaturist?
(a) He says he owes the miniaturist money.
(b) He says that the miniaturist never emerges from the shop.
(c) He says the miniaturist has the Devil in her.
(d) He says that he does not understand her language.
4. Marin tells Nella that women can do nothing, and that only if they are very lucky can they even do what?
(a) Fix the mistakes others make.
(b) Please their husbands.
(c) Have children.
(d) Retain their dignity.
5. When Marin decides that the cabinet house is too large to stay in the hall, where does she put it?
(a) In the best kitchen.
(b) In Nella's room.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the conservatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a characteristic named by Nella when she describes the mysterious woman staring at her from nearby the miniaturist's door?
2. From what source does the author provide both of the text's epigraphs?
3. What instrument had Nella played for Johannes during their very brief courtship?
4. Who is heard giggling in the shadows during Marin and Nella's first meeting?
5. What is NOT one of the items Nella requests in her first order from the miniaturist?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)