|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-91.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a reason listed among Nella's reasons for accepting Johannes's marriage proposal?
(a) There was no other option that to be a wife.
(b) She found him very handsome.
(c) It would have seemed ungrateful to say no.
(d) It would have seemed stupid to say no.
2. What mode of transportation do Nella and Johannes use to get to the Silversmiths Guild feast?
3. Marin threatens Nella, saying that if Nella leaves the cabinet house empty, she will turn Johannes's gift into a crime of what?
4. How does Nella locate the miniaturist who becomes a major and enigmatic part of the narrative?
(a) She sees the miniaturist's advertisement in a catalog.
(b) She sees the miniaturist's shop window and sign.
(c) Johannes tells her about the miniaturist.
(d) Cornelia tells her about the miniaturist.
5. Who is the focus of the event taking place within the novel's prologue?
(a) Nella and Johannes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nella realizes that she has not sent her unwanted items along with the note to the miniaturist, what does she do with them?
2. What physical injury does Marin inflict on Nella when she finds Nella snooping within the library?
3. From what source does the author provide both of the text's epigraphs?
4. What food item does Nella specifically request from Marin upon her arrival at the Brandt house?
5. Who is heard giggling in the shadows during Marin and Nella's first meeting?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)