|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 316-391.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Nella look for Peebo in the streets?
2. When Nella discovers that Marin has been hiding a pregnancy, how soon does Nella believe the baby will arrive?
(a) She believes that the baby must be overdue.
(b) She believes that Marin is in her second trimester.
(c) She believes that Marin is in her first trimester.
(d) She believes that the baby is nearly ready to arrive.
3. How many dogs reside within the Brandt household?
4. Who is the focus of the event taking place within the novel's prologue?
(a) Nella and Johannes.
5. What is the final object through which Jack pushes his dagger before he leaves the Brandt house?
(a) A sheet.
(b) Rezeki's skull.
(c) A painting.
(d) Dhana's belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many younger siblings does Nella have, and what gender(s) are her siblings?
2. How does Peebo get out of the Brandt house?
3. What is the main difference Nella sees between the maids back in Assendelft and Cornelia?
4. What lie does Nella tell the pastor when he asks the cause of Marin's death?
5. Marin tells Nella that walking while pregnant feels like "bending over" (258) what object?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)