|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 92-163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many younger siblings does Nella have, and what gender(s) are her siblings?
(a) She has three younger sisters.
(b) She has one younger brother.
(c) She has one younger brother and one younger sister.
(d) She has two younger brothers and a younger sister.
2. What mode of transportation do Nella and Johannes use to get to the Silversmiths Guild feast?
3. When Marin decides that the cabinet house is too large to stay in the hall, where does she put it?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the best kitchen.
(c) In Nella's room.
(d) In the conservatory.
4. What is NOT a reason listed among Nella's reasons for accepting Johannes's marriage proposal?
(a) There was no other option that to be a wife.
(b) She found him very handsome.
(c) It would have seemed stupid to say no.
(d) It would have seemed ungrateful to say no.
5. What object does Marin refer to as being "early to ripe, early to rot" (15) in reference to Nella's perfume?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator list as the one object that "the reformers didn't pull down" (1)?
2. What is Marin's reply to the specific culinary request Nella makes upon her arrival at the Brandt house?
3. How much younger does Nella decide she is than Marin?
4. What does Nella do when she sees Johannes engaged in a sex act with someone else?
5. What feeling does Nella have upon first arriving at the Brandt house when no one will answer the door?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)