|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 164-239.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is taking place during the novel's prologue?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A birthday celebration.
(d) A baptism.
2. Whom does Nella discover taking a late-night bath in the Brandt house as Nella leaves to visit the miniaturist?
3. What object does Marin refer to as being "early to ripe, early to rot" (15) in reference to Nella's perfume?
4. On what day does Johannes allow Otto and Cornelia "to dress up like lords and eat at his table" (183)?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) All Hallow's Eve.
5. Where does Nella place the Nella doll after putting something around its neck?
(a) On the miniature bed in the cabinet house.
(b) In her apron pocket.
(c) In a kitchen drawer.
(d) On her real bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is heard giggling in the shadows during Marin and Nella's first meeting?
2. For how many days does Nella pretend to sleep when Marin comes to sit on the end of the bed?
3. In order for Johannes to feel his wife's encouragement, what plan does Nella make?
4. What does Johannes tell Nella that no one can really do with his wealth?
5. When Nella compares Assendelft with Amsterdam, what does she decide is the only thing she can currently call her own?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)