|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wealthy husband think his wife is suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) A ruptured disc.
(c) A stomach worm.
(d) An ulcer.
2. Where does Alyce recommend the boy sleep in Chapter 10?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In the dung heap.
(c) In the barn.
(d) At Jane's house.
3. Why is Jane angry with Alyce in Chapter 13?
(a) Alyce was offered a job before Jane was.
(b) Alyce gave up after failing.
(c) Alyce did not greet Jane immediately.
(d) Alyce said something stupid.
4. Who is with Alyce at the end of Chapter 11?
(d) The cat.
5. What does the cook comment about Edward and Alyce?
(a) They look enough alike to be twins.
(b) They are not meant to be friends.
(c) They are worthless.
(d) They are destined for greatness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alyce help the men do at the manor in Chapter 15?
2. What does Jennet think of Alyce?
3. How does Alyce earn the young boy's devotion?
4. Who is sent to the village for the midwife in chapter 16?
5. Where is Alyce sent at the end of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alyce provide a better life for the little boy in Chapter 10?
2. What happens when Alyce arrives to help Emma Blunt give birth?
3. Who arrives at the inn in Chapter 16, and what is troubling them?
4. Why does Jane tell Alyce to take over at Joan's delivery?
5. What name does the small boy Alyce meets in Chapter 10 decide to take?
6. What must Alyce work up the courage to ask a man about in Chapter 13?
7. Who comes to the village looking for Alyce in Chapter 11 and why?
8. Whom does Alyce begin working for in Chapter 12?
9. When Joan's labor begins again under Alyce's watch, what does Alyce decide she should do in this situation?
10. What does Alyce discover when she visits Tansy's calves in Chapter 10?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)