|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man ask Beetle to do when he believes she is someone else in Chapter 5?
(a) Serve him his ale.
(b) Clean his horse.
(c) Read his racing slip.
(d) Milk his cow.
2. Where is Will stuck when Alyce finds him in Chapter 8?
(a) In the gully.
(b) Under a large log.
(c) In a shack.
(d) Underneath the bridge.
3. Where do the tracks first lead to in Chapter 7?
(a) The miller's door.
(b) The priest's door.
(c) Jane's door.
(d) Thomas At-the-Bridge's door.
4. What is the name of the road where the tracks are supposed to have been seen in Chapter 7?
(a) Old North Road.
(b) Old West Court.
(c) Old South Bend.
(d) Old East Lane.
5. Who is Kate?
(a) The weaver's daughter.
(b) The miller's daughter.
(c) The bricklayer's daughter.
(d) The baker's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane need to go to the fair?
2. What is said about the midwife's hands?
3. Whom does the King marry in Alyce's dream in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Beetle become fearful of the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
5. What does Alyce do when the village boys call her Beetle in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is there a strange abundance of in Chapter 4?
2. What do the villagers dislike about Jane?
3. What is discovered in the village one morning in Chapter 7?
4. What does Will tell Alyce after she rescues him from the river?
5. In Chapter 7, what do the 'Devil's footprints' lead the villagers to on Old North Road?
6. What does Beetle find the village boys doing when she goes to feed the cat in Chapter 2?
7. How has Jane earned her position as midwife to the village?
8. What does Beetle do when Jane is delivering babies?
9. Who does a man mistake Beetle for at the fair? What amazes Beetle about this?
10. What forces Brat to be constantly moving from place to place?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)