|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alyce look upon her actions in Chapter 11?
(a) As a series of confusing actions.
(b) As an improvement.
(c) As a success.
(d) As a failure.
2. Why does the boy choose the name Edward?
(a) It is the cow's name.
(b) It is his father's name.
(c) It is a village boy's name.
(d) It is the King's name.
3. According to Will, what does Alyce not need to succeed?
(a) She does not need help from anyone else.
(b) She does not need money.
(c) She does not need to know everything.
(d) She does not need upper body strength.
4. What does Joan name her child?
(a) Jane Little.
(b) Baby Little.
(c) Alyce Little.
(d) Joan Little.
5. Who is sent to the village for the midwife in chapter 16?
(a) The wealthy man's driver.
(c) The wealthy man's attendant.
(d) John Dark.
6. What does Alyce tell the boys that the thing she is threatening them with will do?
(a) Burn their nose hairs.
(b) Poke their eyes out.
(c) Make the boys act like women.
(d) Give them a disease.
7. Why does Jane go to the manor in Chapter 9?
(a) To meet an old friend.
(b) To pick up some supplies.
(c) To assist Lady Agnes who is in labor.
(d) To try to get a job.
8. What month is it in Chapter 11?
9. Where does Alyce send the boy when she sees Jane returning in Chapter 10?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To an abandoned barn.
(c) To the manor.
(d) To Jane's outhouse.
10. What does Alyce help the men do at the manor in Chapter 15?
(a) Build an outhouse.
(b) Clean the sheep.
(c) Plant some flowers.
(d) Polish some silver.
11. What does Alyce believe of the boy's new plan in Chapter 10?
(a) It will allow them to be friends.
(b) It will be easier than sleeping with the cows in the village.
(c) It will ensure that he is fed and housed everyday.
(d) It will teach him how to behave in public.
12. Why does Alyce go to a deserted part of the river in Chapter 15?
(a) To have a swim.
(b) To speak to her mother.
(c) To cry.
(d) To clean herself and her clothes.
13. What is Alyce afraid Jane is telling Reese when she sees them talking to each other?
(a) All about Alyce's past as a dung beetle.
(b) How stupid Alyce is.
(c) Not to socialize with Alyce.
(d) Tips and hints of midwifery.
14. What does Alyce do when Jane arrives at the birth in Chapter 11?
(a) She leaves the room quietly.
(b) She cries.
(c) She panics and hides in a storage cabinet.
(d) She yells at Jane.
15. How does Alyce feel about seeing Will in Chapter 13?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is thrilled.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cook comment about Edward and Alyce?
2. What is the name of the woman who is giving birth in Chapter 11?
3. What does Alyce threaten the boys with in Chapter 9?
4. What does Alyce learn about Jane at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What comes and goes in Chapter 12?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)