|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Joan?
(a) The preacher's wife.
(b) The milkman's wife.
(c) The baker's wife.
(d) The bailiff's wife.
3. What or who awakens Alyce in Chapter 12?
(a) A rooster.
(c) The rain.
4. What is the reason that Alyce gives Will for leaving the village?
(a) She dislikes Jane.
(b) She was never one to stay in one spot for too long.
(c) She was offered a job at the inn.
(d) She is too stupid to be a midwife's apprentice.
5. Why is Jane angry with Alyce in Chapter 13?
(a) Alyce gave up after failing.
(b) Alyce did not greet Jane immediately.
(c) Alyce was offered a job before Jane was.
(d) Alyce said something stupid.
6. What is Jane actually talking to Reese about?
(a) The best dishes on the menu.
(b) The weather.
(c) Reese's studies.
(d) Jane's beliefs when it comes to being a midwife.
7. What does Joan name her child?
(a) Baby Little.
(b) Alyce Little.
(c) Jane Little.
(d) Joan Little.
8. Who is in labor in Chapter 11?
(a) Joan's sister.
(b) Jane's friend.
(c) Will's mother.
(d) Alyce's cousin.
9. Who asks for Alyce in Chapter 11?
(a) Martin Blouth.
(b) Michael Blend.
(c) Matthew Blunt.
(d) Marcus Brent.
10. What does the boy do when he is discovered by Alyce?
(a) Hides under the hay.
(b) Tries to hit her.
(c) Apologizes and tries to leave.
(d) Begins to weep uncontrollably.
11. What is Alyce collecting at the beginning of Chapter 9?
12. How does Alyce treat Joan during her labor?
(b) Like a child.
(c) Just as Jane would.
(d) She soothes her and speaks kindly.
13. What does Alyce think about often while working at her new job in Chapter 12?
(a) Jane and midwifery.
(b) The village boys.
(c) Where she might have come from.
(d) The village and Edward.
14. How does the boy feel about leaving Alyce in Chapter 10?
15. Who is Jennet?
(a) John Dark's daughter.
(b) John Dark's sister.
(c) John Dark's wife.
(d) John Dark's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane tell Alyce about Joan's child?
2. How does Alyce react when she sees Jane arrive at the inn?
3. What does Jennet think of Alyce?
4. Why has Edward been helping in the kitchen at the manor?
5. According to Will, what does Alyce not need to succeed?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)