|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Inn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist not do while she sleeps?
(a) Grinds her teeth.
2. According to Beetle, why is the midwife's surname Sharp?
(a) She has a pointed nose and sharp features.
(b) She is quick-witted.
(c) She has a piercing voice.
(d) She always brings knives with her in case she needs to perform a surgery.
3. What does Will observe about Alyce in Chapter 6?
(a) She is stubborn.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is brave.
4. What does the woman give the protagonist after doing chores all day?
(a) A bit of advice.
(b) A hug.
(c) A bisquit and some tea.
(d) A scrap of dried bread and a bit of ale.
5. What is the protagonist sure of about her family?
(a) She never had a family.
(b) She has a brother somewhere.
(c) She must have had a mother.
(d) Her family deserted her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alyce give Jane all of the payments she receives?
2. What does the cat do in Alyce's dream in Chapter 6?
3. Why do the villagers comment on Alyce's insanity in Chapter 6?
4. Why is the title of Chapter 8 "The Twins"?
5. What does the boy do when he is discovered by Alyce?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)