|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Twins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shift takes place that Jane does not notice?
(a) The season changes from spring to summer.
(b) The villagers begin to ask Alyce questions instead of Jane.
(c) The villagers begin to distrust Jane.
(d) Jane becomes increasingly tired, and this begins to affect her duties.
2. Why does Jane slap the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
(a) To kill a bug.
(b) To teach Beetle what to do in such a circumstance.
(c) To stop her from screaming.
(d) To express her anger.
3. What does the woman tell the protagonist about beggars in Chapter 1?
(a) They are not welcome in the village.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are just as deserving as everyone else.
(d) They are scary.
4. What name does Will first call Alyce after she saves him?
(d) Dung Beetle.
5. Why does Beetle curse the cat in Chapter 2?
(a) The cat growled and hissed at Beetle.
(b) The cat scratched her hand.
(c) She has never heard any kind words before, so she doesn't know any.
(d) Beetle is in a bad mood and takes it out on the cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beetle become fearful of the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the fair that Beetle goes to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Gilbert Gray-Head teach Alyce in Chapter 7?
4. What does Will observe about Alyce in Chapter 6?
5. According to Beetle, why is the midwife's surname Sharp?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)