|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Miller's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the midwife sometimes refuse to help an expectant mother?
(a) If she is too tired.
(b) If she will not be paid for her services.
(c) If the mother has hurt or betrayed her in the past.
(d) If the mother is carrying a child out of wedlock.
2. What is said about the midwife's hands?
(a) They have very long finger nails.
(b) She is missing two fingers.
(c) They are strong and clean.
(d) They shake a lot.
3. What does the woman call the protagonist by the end of Chapter 1?
4. The village boys stick the cat in a sack with ______________.
(a) A puppy.
(b) An eel.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What is the midwife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist not do while she sleeps?
2. Why does Beetle call the miller's wife a cow?
3. What do the boys in the village call the protagonist in Chapter 1?
4. Why doesn't Beetle mind it when Jane calls her names in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Beetle grow suspicious of Jane's actions in Chapter 4?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)