|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Miller's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beetle surprise herself in Chapter 3?
(a) By realizing that she one days wants a child of her own.
(b) By talking back to the midwife.
(c) By becoming emotional during a birth.
(d) By knowing what supplies are needed for the birth.
2. How would one describe the midwife?
(b) Mean and violent.
3. What does Beetle realize about giving birth?
(a) It looks easier than it probably is.
(b) It is not as painful as loneliness.
(c) It is as much hard work, or more, than brewing teas or potions.
(d) It is the grossest thing she has ever witnessed.
4. What does Beetle take to the cat at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A basket to sleep in.
(b) Some ale.
(c) Some chicken scraps.
(d) Some cheese.
5. Who stops the boys in the village from taunting the protagonist in Chapter 1?
(a) A woman of average age and looks.
(b) An old lady gardening nearby.
(c) The preacher's wife.
(d) A young, pretty woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beetle, why is the midwife's surname Sharp?
2. What does the protagonist not do while she sleeps?
3. Why does Jane slap the miller's wife in Chapter 4?
4. What season is it in Chapter 4?
5. Why is the midwife's attitude tolerated by the villagers?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)