|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Miller's Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the protagonist ask the woman for in Chapter 1?
(a) Some new clothes.
(b) A small bit of food.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bath.
2. What do the boys in the village call the protagonist in Chapter 1?
(a) Grubby Girl.
(c) Dung Beetle.
(d) Stinky Face.
3. What does Beetle realize about giving birth?
(a) It is as much hard work, or more, than brewing teas or potions.
(b) It is the grossest thing she has ever witnessed.
(c) It looks easier than it probably is.
(d) It is not as painful as loneliness.
4. What does the woman call the protagonist by the end of Chapter 1?
5. According to Beetle, why is the midwife's surname Sharp?
(a) She has a piercing voice.
(b) She has a pointed nose and sharp features.
(c) She is quick-witted.
(d) She always brings knives with her in case she needs to perform a surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beetle have to deliver to the manor dairy?
2. Why is the midwife's attitude tolerated by the villagers?
3. Why does Beetle fall out of a tree in Chapter 4?
4. What is the protagonist sure of about her family?
5. Where does Beetle take the cat after saving it in Chapter 2?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)